+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: lure of white girls

I mean skin color. I'm talking about Spanish in terms of "Born and raised in Spain with Spanish nationalism". They are Spanish like I am American.

If you're telling me that a person who was born in Spain and spent their life in Spain isn't Spanish simply because their parents or grand parents immigrated from somewhere else I'm going to tell you you're stupid.
    Last edited by LailaK; 25-07-10 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    I mean skin color. I'm talking about Spanish in terms of "Born and raised in Spain with Spanish nationalism". They are Spanish like I am American.

If you're telling me that a person who was born in Spain and spent their life in Spain isn't Spanish simply because their parents or grand parents immigrated from somewhere else I'm going to tell you you're stupid.
    I agree with that, but the fact remains that the number of black people here is pretty low, I never saw any black people in real life until 5 years ago or so...

That's true, I only met a few Black people in Madrid who were true Spaniards as opposed to immigrants from somewhere else. But I do have to give your country a lot of credit. I got very few "strange" looks there. I received many more strange looks in Germany than I did in Spain.

relax there is such a thing as an ethnic Spaniard whether you like it or not and it is them I was referring to. In my country we refer to Indian Canadians as "native" Canadians, or just natives, unless you disagree with that title your point is mute

Whatever. You said "Spanish people don't have brown skin..." and I corrected you. There is a such thing as a Black Spaniard. Deal with it.

How would you feel if someone said you weren't Canadian just because you're not native. It's dumb.

Anywho, I get what your saying. In my eyes, Race is different from Nationalism. Race is based on physical characteristics and Nationalism is based on where you're born, and Culture is based on your family history.

In my eyes race doesn't boil down into so many specifics. You're either of European (white), African (black), Latino/Native (brown), Asian or Middle Eastern decent. Native Spaniards are European and therefore they're white to me. I know people disagree. My own boyfriend disagrees. I tell him that he's white and he goes on and on about how he's Italian and therefore not white. Whatever, he's White. White as a ghost. He's also Italian because Italy is where he's from. It's his Nationality (which is more important than race anyway, right?).

Race is a stupid construct anyway, useful only when describing someones physicality.
    Last edited by LailaK; 25-07-10 at 02:28 AM.

That's true, I only met a few Black people in Madrid who were true Spaniards as opposed to immigrants from somewhere else. But I do have to give your country a lot of credit. I got very few "strange" looks there. I received many more strange looks in Germany than I did in Spain.
    I'm sure you got more "strange looks" than you should have gotten... I know at least 2 people here who speak of black people like if they were trash or something.. strange coincidence, the same 2 people speak the same way about gays.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I'm sure you got more "strange looks" than you should have gotten... I know at least 2 people here who speak of black people like if they were trash or something.. strange coincidence, the same 2 people speak the same way about gays.
    Eh. I get all kinds of looks when I travel. You can't bother yourself with other people's stupid thoughts. I'm still going to travel and have a good time. I met more nice, wonderful Spaniards than I did mean ones so it was a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post

LOL. You must have been to the south of spain, where I can't even go out without wanting to die. Here it's pretty nice, it's 70F in the summer - and if it goes hotter I'll get moody. You may not be white, but I am ghost-white, and girls who don't go to tanning beds here are white too (not as much as I am though).
    My geog is crap so I don't know. I've been to Benidorm, Santander and Corunna.

Then we went on to Portugal and were in Lisbon. I preferred Spain to Portugal but the weather was wayyyy hotter in Portugal.

You may be ghostly white, but I bet you are dark haired and dark eyes. How come you white with all that sun??? lol Lucky bugger, wish I lived over there *sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    My geog is crap so I don't know. I've been to Benidorm, Santander and Corunna.

Then we went on to Portugal and were in Lisbon. I preferred Spain to Portugal but the weather was wayyyy hotter in Portugal.

You may be ghostly white, but I bet you are dark haired and dark eyes. How come you white with all that sun??? lol Lucky bugger, wish I lived over there *sighs*
    Benidorm is the south, I've been there and it's awfully hot. Never been to Corunna, but the temps there should be just a bit higher than here.. and Santander is about an hour from here, the temp is just a few degrees higher than here, maybe 80F average in summer, you must have been there in a weirdly hot day..

As for the sun.. there's not much sun here except in summer.. and summer is hot, so I hide in my caves and avoid going outside until dark... I'm like a vampire haha

A lot of Brits holiday in Spain as you will know. Seems to be our favourite destination, lol.

And you always know when they have been to Spain and because they come back with those Spanish senorita dolls, castanets or those huge hats. We have a comedy show on British tv called Benidorm, about Brits in Benidorm...it's quite funny.

I want to go to France next, preferably Paris... but they can keep Germany...have no desire to go there :|

lol at this thread title.. but I lured a white girl.. today we both were kind of talkative and silly.. So she hung out in the lobby more since she knew I was around lol So she came from the pool into the lobby with a towel around her 1 piece and she said oh my god I'm so wet and she starts laughing and I looked quickly up and started laughing I would be interested to know what attracted her to me.. sadly in a few days she will be leaving for Tx for school she will be visiting however.

I was looking forward to heading to robecks with her for some smoothies!

wow this summer all i am seeing is brown guys with white girls,, here in toronto atleast and some of these girls are super hot. infact black guys / white girls couples are kinda rare this summer. I guess the trend is changing in favour of me

Canada is where its at

^ what do you mean?

if you mean girls, yes i must say Canadians girls are super beautiful be it Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal. The girls are so amazing and friendly.

When i went to the states to Chicago or north east, i didn't find the girls there that beautiful, alteast not compared to Canada

What I mean is what you just pointed out yourself.. When I went to Canada I found myself hitting it off with a few women myself vs being here in the Northeast.. just because you live 25 miles from NYC does not mean that you are going to have better luck... And that's for sure.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast