+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dating younger women

Dating younger women

- My question may sound quite strange
    But is it common for a guy to date a girl who is around 30 years younger than him?
    If I were to give you an example of age I would say 25 and 54
    I am thinking of a classy 50 yr old though and a classy 20 year old not a couple of sleeze bags who
    would date anyone.
    (I am also not thinking of a 15 year old and a man in his late 30's or a young girl dating a retired elderly man
    because quite frankly one is illegal and the other is a bit unnecessary)

I am not speaking from experience I am just curious
    And also what are the advantages and disadvantages apart from kids and possibly marriage
    and would any man of that age consider it?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dont think its common, apart from where the guy is rich..amazing how many young, attractive women that pulls in!

As long as they are both adults then i dont see anything actually wrong with it, though i wouldnt date someone that much older than me, but i guess some women can look past the age difference.

One thing i dont like seeing though, is when a much older guy has children with his much younger partner, and is at such an age he probably wont be around to see them graduate etc.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I am kind of speaking from a perspective of a women who would not be in it just for the money

And I think it shouldn't matter about the age, it should matter about how you feel

Thats my honest opinion

Are there no women his age available to date? What does some one in that sort of relationship have in common other than sex? I doubt he's going to want children or start a family. he's just looking for a f@k buddy. I think the much younger woman should keep this in mind before starting some thing serious. Personally I don't think it'll work and this older guy needs to get over his sexual fantasies of younger college women

GOLD DIGGER. lol

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    classy 20 year olds?

lol
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't see many reasons why a 54 year old single guy wouldn't want to be with a young 24 year old girl. The 20 year olds are more attractive than women their age and it's a status symbol (not many men that age can pull it off). However the age gap will be enormous and will be felt very quickly by both parties. The older guy will quickly notice the lack of experience, sophistication and understanding of subtleties in life that only come with time. The younger girl will be turned off by the less outgoing nature of the older guy and less interest in sociability and interest and things which are modern.

Ofcourse it could work (Look at Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones) but longevity of such a relationship will probably not be very stable.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I'll admit, I'm in a relationship with someone who is 18 years my senior. I am 25 and he is 43. I got lucky, though. He's not rich and I was born before my time. It works well for us (and neither of us is entirely sure how) but it works. I do have to say that I don't see other couples like us . .ever. And you have to be able to laugh over the little things, like people assuming you're probably his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by VisualAid View Post
    I'll admit, I'm in a relationship with someone who is 18 years my senior. I am 25 and he is 43. I got lucky, though. He's not rich and I was born before my time. It works well for us (and neither of us is entirely sure how) but it works. I do have to say that I don't see other couples like us . .ever. And you have to be able to laugh over the little things, like people assuming you're probably his daughter.
    if it works out for you then who are we to criticize, maybe it works for some but not for others. to each his own

To be honest, things like this don't last long. Sexual needs is always a requirement to keep a relationship together. Especially for the person who is younger while the older person might not be able to perform which leads to a conclusion to an end of the relationship.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get down girl. Go ahead. Get down.

Personally I think 10 years either way is the limit of "normal" but that only seems to work if the guy is 10 years older for some reason, 54-24, i just cant see them having that much in common, but hey, if they do then good on them i say

I'm a 35 year old man, and I find women 10 years younger to be way too immature. How could someone in their 50s admire the mind/personality/interest of a woman in her 20s?
    Women don't even begin to get interesting until their 30s. Sure a 20 year old woman has smooth complexion, active lifestyle, and lots of energy. But I can't even imagine sex being
    any good with someone so young. IMHO.

Rule is half plus 7. If you are 60, then 37 is legit. No exceptions to this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    Rule is half plus 7. If you are 60, then 37 is legit. No exceptions to this rule.
    Where did this rule come from? If you are old enough to be her dad (in a biological sense), she is too young for you.
    So technically, 15 years difference should be the absolute MAX at any age after men's age 40. Between ages 30 - 39, the MAX is
    10 years difference. Between ages 23 - 29, the MAX is 6 years difference. Men at 22 and under shouldn't date women more than
    3 - 4 years younger.

Source: (Kaius house rules).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast