+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i say i love her but she has a hard time sayin it back

i say i love her but she has a hard time sayin it back

Ive been with this girl for 4 months now. the first 2 months we were just seeing eachother and now were dating. I really love this girl, i show her all the time. when we were still kinda seein eachother she told me not to fall in love because she was leaving to go back to the east(1000 miles away) in a couple months and she has also had a tough time with other relationships in her life before meeting me. i totally understand! Well i did it...i fell in love! this girl is perfect in every way and i dont wanna loose her. The thing is its really hard for her to show her feelings...shes told me that she has no feelings joking. well i know there is no one in the world that has no feelings! Ive told her i loved her once before and she just tells me she doesnt know if she can share the same feeling with me as i do with her and she doesnt know if she can ever say those 3 words again. Well these last 2 weeks ive spent by her side. i stayed with her every night and helped her pack her stuff. i said it was no prob but every item i packed just took another chunk outa my heart. Now shes gone...been gone for 2 days and i just cant get over the fact shes not by my side anymore. were still together(dating) but now its a long distance relationship. we both want it to work. I just get worried that its not gonna work out and im also worried she will find someone else. i know its not good to be jealous during a LDR but i just cant help it and im startin so feel like a tester boyfriend. i dont know...all i can say is since were so far apart i need a little reassurence from time to time but its hard for her to say anything. i told her i loved her again lastnight on the phone and after 2 months she still says she can share the same feelings. i told her its ok and ill hold onto those words until she feels comfortable to say them to me. but i feel like im doin something wrong cuz i show my feelings for her so much but she hardly ever does for me. i am so love sick over this its crazy...she means the world to me. I have 1 year left in the military and i told her i would move out there to be with her when its up. and she also knows i plan to visit her here in the next couple months and she says she wants me to. i dont know what to do...should i keep it cuz i love her so much or should i brake it off so it doesnt hurt any or us???

aww you have got it bad! and she is a very lucky girl to have a man feel so strongly about her.
    it appears to me there maybe 2 things going on with her
    1. she may not be ready for an intense relationship like you are
    or
    2. she may feel smothered from your intense feelings for her.

either way, if u really wanna make it work with this girl i would attempt if you can, to back off a little bit and give her a bit of space emotionally. ring her, hav a chat and hav a laugh but try not to get too deep into feelings etc because it mite b pushing her the other way.
    see how it goes. it mite just give her the space she needs to realise how she really feels for you.

if you dont think this is possible and u have gone too deep then it really is upto you if you think you can put up with this uncertainty she is giving you.

its really lovely your being so sweet to her. like i said earlier, she really is a lucky girl but it sounds like she just needs time and a bit of emotional space.

Hope this is helpful

i think that may be the best advice so far. i have this same thing on the love advice forum as well if you would like to read the comments....a lot of those were neg but they were from guys. I really need a girls opinion cuz i would like to know what shes thinkin. i always thought girls liked to be smothered but i guess i was doin it a little to much im also affraid that this long distance relationship might end up like my last one. i was cheated on and it broke me....bad!! this girl is very beautiful and im just affraid she will get bored with me and find someone else. she tells me not to worry about it and everything will be ok but its really hard for me to worry about this.

It's the best advice and because it's what you want to hear.

i was just thinkin the same thing....i really dont know rightnow. i think shes right and i worry to much...im a big worrier.

Well whatever....nobody can exactly predict what is going on with her and because we don't personally know her. But I hope it works out for you anyway

thank you for the help!

glad u found it kinda useful.
    giving her the space will hopefully make things clearer and then u can start to make other decisions on how to take the situation forward.
    good luck!