+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sick of it!!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not low maintenance and they don't remember dates. Unless they program it into their iCal, but not on their own power.

I agree with the rest, tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Not low maintenance and they don't remember dates. Unless they program it into their iCal, but not on their own power.

I agree with the rest, tho.
    I do admit though that sometimes we tend to rely on our gadgets for appointments. But that is more of a case to case basis, depends on how much stuff we have to cram in our head and how much it matters to me. As for low maintenance, I can't exactly remember the last time a bought a clothing for myself. Although I would go for something healthier than just pizza and mt. dew. I'm one of the few nerds that cooks so I'm a bit more picky. The only expense that might be heavy is when I need gadgets. Aside from that... there's not much. Does that qualify as high maintenance?
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

My boyfriend uses his iCal for everything, but I definitely wouldn't call him pure nerd. Maybe about 20%. He needs the iCal though or he forgets his whole life. The only thing he doesn't schedule on his iCal are Sox games and quality time with me. He's got those pre-programmed into his mind. Everything else, work, bills, quality time with friends, parties, goes in the iCal.

Kayla,

After reading your situation, I remember being in the same one once. I tried to explain to my bf that his "friend" (whom he had casual sex with before he met me and pursued a relationship) was being inappropriate by texting him all the time when he is with me. He didn't seem to get the severity of the situation until I told him that an ex had text me that day. (which was the truth, but he had text me asking where my brother got his truck from, so it wasn't a sexual thing of course.) Although I left out the content of the text message, my boyfriend got my message loud and clear. He instantly understood exactly how I felt and finally put his foot down for good.

As far as that list goes, number 6- my bf doesn't remember half of what he says. We can have an entire conversation about something then a few days later he acts like he knows nothing about it. He gets in these moods where its like he lives in a state of constant distraction.. thinking about something else no matter what is going on around him. We will make plans to do something then when the day comes, hes like "oh yeah". I may be exaggerating this a little but, you get the point. He is NOT good at remembering dates. He will not, however, forget to watch Stargate Atlantis.. even if he has seen that particular episode 10 times already. (I have learned to like that show myself lol)

I also don't agree with number 4 as far as the "neglected status" thing. My bf is VERY cute and I dont think he is neglected by girls at all. The more I am around him though, the more I think that he is clueless about this. I have actually seen him turn on the charm and work a crowd without meaning to. its not in the "show off" or "i think i'm hot" sort of way..its hard to explain but its almost like he can put on this air of silliness and confidence.. like he is being goofy and knows it and is doing it on purpose to be funny. He is known in our group as being funny, people genuinely like him. My bf is a very interesting, different sort of guy.. socially inept in some ways (like when girls are hitting on him) yet can charm people without meaning to. I have yet to figure this one out. . It is very hard to explain, you just have to know someone like him to understand I guess.

Number 8- not true!! Most educated people nowadays care about how they eat.. not for vanity reasons but for health reasons. Such is the case with many educated people I know.

But I would say number 2 is true for sure...also 1, 5, 7, 13, and 14 Well said, nerdy_guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefool87 View Post
    Kayla,

After reading your situation, I remember being in the same one once. I tried to explain to my bf that his "friend" (whom he had casual sex with before he met me and pursued a relationship) was being inappropriate by texting him all the time when he is with me. He didn't seem to get the severity of the situation until I told him that an ex had text me that day. (which was the truth, but he had text me asking where my brother got his truck from, so it wasn't a sexual thing of course.) Although I left out the content of the text message, my boyfriend got my message loud and clear. He instantly understood exactly how I felt and finally put his foot down for good.
    thanks it has totally stopped. It is going on a week now and I have not heard a WORD out of her. Our group went out last night to eat and hang out, she was there. She didnt so much as sit next to him. She had this attitude about her that she was trying to cover up. I am almost positive he said/did something. I dont know what exactly but I am not going to ask. He made a comment about her being "put in her place" and I just said "yeah, I can tell". And left it alone. So far, so good. I cant help wondering if there isnt something bubbling under the surface with her, though. Feels as though I am waiting for her to have some sort of emotional episode. Who knows? In the meantime, things are okay..

I totally think a storm is brewing. Next time she gets drunk, watch out!
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I totally think a storm is brewing. Next time she gets drunk, watch out!
    She doesn't drink. Thankfully.. otherwise you may be right.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now that things have settled a bit, you and your BF should really watch this movie. Its one of the most hilarious relationship flicks out there, IMO:

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Perhaps this is the incident that would cause her to get drunk for a change.

As for the charm thing, I get you Kayla. My guy is the same way. He has the sweet, goofy charm that puts people at ease, and it doesn't help that he's wonderful to look at. But he's so aloof it's insane.

Example:

We were leaving a sandwich shop after having lunch. We got in the car and began to pull out of the parking lot when he looks to his left and says, "Oh, wow!" I look over and all I can see is this girl wearing Daisy Dukes, leaning over into her car. I said, "What?" He says, "Her dog is pretty! He's got such long hair!" (It was a Golden and my boyfriend has one too). I cracked up and he was utterly bewildered as to what I found so funny. I told him and we had a good laugh about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    ^You're just making yourself look like an idiot. You can't be a physicist, not smart enough. Your SN must be 'phys' for phys ed.
    Enough of this bullshit. If I want to deal with any more pettiness, I will let you know.

In the meantime, I'm going to engage with more rational people here.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are a bad loser^. You can't handle someone disagreeing with you. Shrug.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    My boyfriend uses his iCal for everything, but I definitely wouldn't call him pure nerd. Maybe about 20%.
    I'm about 60% nerd, and I cannot stand tech gadgets.
    I don't even carry a cell.

We (the wife and I) use Google Calender to keep track of everything, mostly because I have the memory of flowing water.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678