+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Online Relationship Break Up - Needs Advice

Oh, I see this is a forum for those who have been cheated on...that's open- mindedness. Cry me a river. Plenty of people have difficulty in their marriages and relationships, the way you reacted to this woman was petty and mean. You have an opinion like anyone else. Why not explain the hurt you felt and express it instead of attacking her? I'm a big boy and have no problem going head to head with you.

I'm sorry-- where does it state that this is a forum for those who have been cheated on?

It shouldn't be some huge shock to you that people don't approve of cheating.

Petty & mean? Not at all. Especially not with her whipping out her defense of "being honest". There's nothing honest about what she did. She can express the hurt all she wants, but she's going to get opinions and judgments for it, just like anyone else would. Who said all of these opinions needed to be sympathetic & understanding to her issue? She claimed she "couldn't talk to anyone she knew because they wouldn't approve" -- why would anyone else be any different? Cheating is a no-no. That simple.

That's my opinion.. & trust me that won't change because you're trying to give me a slap on the wrist for not condoning behavior I find disrespectful.

That's fine. You find it abhorrent. How does it help this woman? How about stoning her to death? I replied to her comment with a suggestion not an attack on her personally. Accept the fact that people are human. Now go to the mirror and feel good about how you responded.

I did give her very good advice actually, so I'm just fine looking in the mirror. Thanks for your concern though.

She should tell her husband. Either they work past it as a couple and rebuild their marriage.. or she finally owns up to being unhappy & gets out of this situation.

Realistically, her sitting around moping over the loss of words on a screen isn't going to get her anywhere. In more cheating cases than not, the affairs don't last. Especially not between two people that are both married.. and have never met. The relationship will never go anywhere beyond emotional or physical cheating because neither is willing to give up their marriage.. and honestly, you can't pretend to have a "real relationship" with someone when you're cheating. You can't give them commitment & honesty when you're already supposed to be committed to someone else.

The best thing she can do is either fix her relationship or break it off, get off the computer, & find a real person to have a relationship with that will be more satisfying for her instead of looking for sympathy or sorts for cheating. Cheating doesn't do anyone any good. It hurts the significant others involved, breeds insecurity and trust issues, & in some cases tears apart families. Why condone that behavior? There's no point.

Agreed...Fix it or leave it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123