+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Your advice worked so far... Can you offer more..

Your advice worked so far... Can you offer more..

Thanks alot for the advice regarding the girl I met in class. Anyways, she gave me her number and has sent me a few texts. Seems pretty interested.

My question is, I won't be visiting her city for about 3/4 weeks... when should I ask her out? Will she be disheartened if we lose contact for a cpl weeks?

I was just going to say something casual during a coversation like "y'know...just RANDOMLY throwing this out there. but if you want to go out for dinner and or drinks, Ill be ___ in a cpl weeks. Let me know"

Any thoughts?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wait until about a week before you're in town, then ask her to go, picking a night and place. No "randomly", no excuses.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You better keep in touch in the meantime... other wise you can casually mention being in her city in x amount of time and tell her you'd like to see her.

Yeah, this is a tough one, and I normally wouldn't go for a girl that lives far away, except I'm really into her...

I'll probably message her in the next couple weeks to see how she's been... then something like "Im going to be in ___ in a cpl weeks, we should catch up"

but does this sound to "friends like" I guess I can always see how things go after that..

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dji_20 View Post
    Yeah, this is a tough one, and I normally wouldn't go for a girl that lives far away, except I'm really into her...

I'll probably message her in the next couple weeks to see how she's been... then something like "Im going to be in ___ in a cpl weeks, we should catch up"

but does this sound to "friends like" I guess I can always see how things go after that..
    Don't message her. Ask her.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Agreed 100% ^

Sounds good, I will ask her. But I might not write her for a cpl weeks. I won't be there for 4 weeks anyway.

DON'T wait a couple weeks to contact her. Cause then she's just gonna think you aren't interested. Keep in contact, not every day, but every couple days, just tell her you wanted to say hi, and maybe strike up a good conversation.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dji_20 View Post
    Sounds good, I will ask her. But I might not write her for a cpl weeks. I won't be there for 4 weeks anyway.
    If you do this you might as well completely forget about asking- the answer shall be no. If you don't message her this is how it goes in her mind:

"what the hell did I do wrong? He must not like me anymore, darn- oh well- NEXT... hey... he's cute" Get it? Keep chatting her up. If you don't engage her bet your ass another boy will.

Send her a message telling her that you can go out, if she wants.

I'm going to keep talking to her...

Do you suggest one of the following:

1. Ask her if I can give her a call?
    2. Joke around about how I asked for her email in front of ppl - apologize if it came across as rude or inappropriate

I'm kind of not so sure I should keep writing / contacting her (maybe she has a boyfriend, but I doubt it - impression I got) but she has not really shown any interest other then responding to my msgs right away - hasn't asked any questions or anything like that - just kind of like "hey, how are you?" Response - "Hey! I'm good! how are you?"