+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have no idea how to handle this situation and could use any advice i can get

I have no idea how to handle this situation and could use any advice i can get

Ok, I asked a girl out about 6 months ago. She said no because I was 1 and a half years younger than her. I was pretty upset about the reason being that since that usually means shes never gonna view me as anything but a "bff" type or something. I didnt flip out on her, but I told her as calmly as a could that im never really gonna view her as some mature adult compared to me, and i wished her reason was something a little more meaningful. Maybe the next move was immature, but I kinda killed my contact with her by deleting her number, defriending her on facebook, etc. We werent that close where i met her, but i had a serious interest and i felt the best way to get her out of my head was to remove her from everything.

Flash forward to about 2 hours ago. She just friend requested me. I dont know how to handle this. I looked at her profile for the first time in months to see what she was up to, and she keeps talking about how she misses some guy named andrew whose apparently on tour with a band. Im assuming hes a boyfriend and shes going through some long distance thing with him. Anyway, I guess i should just put the rest of this in numbered questions that i want advice for

1) Was it immature to kill off contact with her because i didnt like her reason to go out with me? I lost a lot of interest in her life when i found out that her reason to not grab dinner with me was that she thinks i cant understand how to date a girl 1 and a half years older.

2) Should I accept her friend request? I get the vibe she only wants to be friends, but she didnt send me a single message when sending the friend request. Plus she seems to be still hung up on this "rock star" guy she met.

3) If i decline, would you send her a message saying why? Or would you just decline and leave it at that? I feel if i accept her friend request, its saying "you win, i am less mature than you because im a little bit younger". If i decline and dont leave a message, i look like a jerk. If i decline and leave a message, it should weakness that i still have some feelings for her.

God i was doin so well not thinking about her until this happened. WHY

Are you willing to go into the Dreaded Friend Zone? if not, don't accept her friend request. This doesn't make you a petulant brat, it makes you a guy with a spine who won't accept being her Ken doll.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    1) no it wasn't immautre to cut contact what was immature was you butting in with the "just 'cause you're old doesn't mean you're more mature than me" now THAT was immautre.

2) do not accept.

3) no need to add any reason as to why.

was that part really THAT immature? I mean i asked her out, then she acted all "aww how cute" with me. I then politely said, im sorry i never really viewed you as a mature adult compared to me. Maybe in hindsight it was a little harsh or stupid, but i mean after i asked her out she went from somebody who i could occasionally talk with to "gonna have to treat this one like a kid to let him know". It kinda annoyed me.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you just proved to her that you yourself as immautre as she initially thought you were. So I'm sorry but yes I think it was. However, save your face and ignore her request.

She misses rockstar guy and in the hopes that she can scrap some attention from you (since you had feelings for her at one point), she requested your friendship to see if you'd play her game.

Yes, what you said was immature. A mature response would have been, "Okay. Your loss." And then you walk away.

Don't accept her request and don't say anything. You don't owe anything to her, so just leave it. Unless you wanna get dicked around?