+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need some good advice!!!!

I need some good advice!!!!

I have been in a relationship for almost 7 years on our 6 year anniversary I proposed, and a couple of months have went by and now she hates my guts i dont understand why all of the sudden i havent been employed for over 3 years i know why she gets mad but why all of the sudden? i try to get her to understand that the economy suck I got into the wrong trade at the wrong time "carpentry" ive had plenty of stable jobs in the past then she gets a job and all of the sudden im a piece of crap for not having one I try and I try I just cant seem to find one. usually she bottles everything up until she feels like she should say something and boom you dont have a job f-u your a piece of crap heres your ring back! I try not to upset the situation and a couple of hours later she wants the ring back this is the third time shes done this. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!
    Drop her like its hot.

She loves you but maybe something or someone outside, not intentionally has made her think that while she is working hard, you are not putting that much effort as you could do to get a job for yourself.Or it could be something completely different bothering her and therefore you should just ask her. Talk to her about how you feel and what you think is bothering her, or if its something different then you getting a job then you can sort it out.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You haven't worked in three YEARS? Not at anything? There are other jobs besides carpentry, you know.

Sorry, I wouldn't marry you, either.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I love it when people blame "economy" for not having jobs... The economy hasn't been ****ed 3 years.

EDIT: So yeah, I think she is afraid of you being immature and not getting a job in your whole life, try to get one and she'll probably want to marry you.

finances tend to be one of the underlying causes of relationship breakdowns. not working for 3 years is a really long time for her to be keeping you both afloat. if you aren't finding something in carpentry, it's time you take a job in a different trade until things get better. she's probably stressed that you haven't taken it upon yourself to do something else in the meantime. what are you going to do if the carpentry trade stays down for a long time? is she supposed to anticipate being the sole breadwinner for the rest of her life because you can't find a job in the field you like? everyone is in the same boat right now honey, people are taking whatever jobs they can get. she needs to know that you are committed to her in every way (emotionally, physically, financially, etc.) before she is going to marry you. and sitting around waiting for some carpentry job to open up is not commitment, it's laziness. i agree with vashti, i wouldn't marry you at this time either.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

I'm with everyone else.. 3 years and no job? I mean.. I can understand not wanting to do something you don't love, but realistically? It's time to buck up & get employed.

A lot of people are having to settle right now for work.. but working a job you hate is better than not working at all.

I agree that I'd be pissed at you about it too.. and probably not want to marry you. I'd probably be fed up with being the financial backbone in the relationship.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    first- support yourself with a JOB. Flip a damn burger if you got to.

GUYS, Since 9/11, the ECONOMY HAS BEEN TOUGH. No WAIT! Since Russia's currency DEFAULTED, SHITS been tough! Give him a break for not having a job, things are haywire! ... Damn friggen Russians....

</sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post
    GUYS, Since 9/11, the ECONOMY HAS BEEN TOUGH. No WAIT! Since Russia's currency DEFAULTED, SHITS been tough! Give him a break for not having a job, things are haywire! ... Damn friggen Russians....

</sarcasm>
    Yeah, I don't know how anyone works nowadays.. they must be allied with the russians

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    Yeah, I don't know how anyone works nowadays.. they must be allied with the russians
    Too much shits gone down man... Russia's currency defaulted, 9/11, the death of Lehman Brothers, Enron, WorldCom, Tyco, BP Oil spill, iPhone 4 not working properly, tards thinking using uBuntu makes them awesome....

****, I'd say the people that have jobs are the shitheads of our society, not even caring for our LOSSES. If they knew whats better for them they would stop working too, we need to recession ourselves as much as ****ing possible man...

Truth..