+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will he get back to me if i change?

Will he get back to me if i change?

My boyfriend and I broke up on 5th this month. We were in a long distance relationships and we were happy couple. But when he came back he said he has decided to break up with me with a strong determination, he said he cant concentrate on his studies, when we have problems, he wants me to listen to him but I would stay strong on my own opinions too, we have different minds when there is a problem. He said by breaking up everything will work, me and him can get a new life and he can concentrate on his studies, and he has been waiting me to agree with him, and continue to argue with him make him even more disappointed. He said we both tried to change ourselves to fit each other but every time we get back to the beginning, he has no time to wait for me to change anymore because he is going to Uni and he needs some change. Moreover, he cant give me what i want and he has to accept the fact he is not the right guy for me.

I am thinking that is it because he has the mindset of "whatever i do, i cant make her happy!" and after taking break from the break up i realized his method would work, but i willing to give him time and hope he will come back to me, do you think will he come back to me? I am desperate, my heart stabbing by a millions of blade.

Its hard to say, but as much as you might not want to hear it, it sounds like he is done with the relationship. For whatever reason. But he cares about you and doesn't want to hurt you, so he wants your agreement to break up.
    In my view, your best course of action is to give it time - give you both some space. If, in 6 months, you still feel the same way, and he is still single, maybe see if he'd be interested in giving it another shot. But it does sound like he needs a bit of space.

i bought a famous book called the magic of making up and following the guides, try to get your head straight up and next month i will date him again and try to reconnect with him
    if he has good reactions then i will has him back and see how it goes
    if he doesnt...i will wait for him...

Sounds like he's the one that had to do all the changing to fit you. It goes both ways ya know. All he did was try to please you, but you were never happy with him, so he ended it. I've been thru this situation before. Seems like he made the decision sooner rather than later (like me) to move on. I don't think this is a break, its a breakup.

did you do anything to make it better ><
    i tried to change and i appreciate what he does, i call back to him,be there whenever he needs me, cook him lunch box, hand made him plushies.. and he said it is the best gift ever and he told me he knows I loves him very much since i made the plushy to him, it just that we have different opinions and i never knew he was unhappy...><

Honestly? You shouldn't have to "change yourself" to fit someone else in order to be in a relationship with them.

Should there be compromise? Sure.

But really.. some people just don't fit together. It sounds like he feels about your relationship.

I can understand to an extent him being disappointed in your arguing about him wanting to break up. Being the person doing the breaking up can be just as hard as being the person dumped. I think it's not so much he wants you to "agree" with him decision, but rather to acknowledge and respect his feelings on the subject. You can disagree all you want, but realistically? It's not going to make him change how he feels.. and you continually pursuing something he views as over and the right decision for him is going to drive him completely out of your life.

I also saw you listed things you do for him.. and really, no matter what nice things you do for each other, it doesn't change the fact that you might not be compatible.