+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "swinging"..common??

"swinging"..common??

After my last disaster relationship I decided to try dating someone I already knew from work who has shown interest in me for awhile. We get along great and had worked together for about 2 years. Heres the problem..hes into "swinging". It turns out his last long term relationship was with a woman who also liked other woman(bi)and was into swinging too. They even put an add on the internet looking for other couples to hook up with. When he told me this I was like WTF i'm not into that. Now to look at this guy you would NEVER know this Hes clean cut educated nice etc..He told me they never hook up with anyone because he was picky and very careful about who he slept with.

Things had started out great with us till he mentioned this. I told him flat out i'm not into that. Now i'm thinking am I just old fashioned and this in more common that I think and should be more open to trying new things? Honestly how would you feel about dating someone with this kind of past?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think it's common, and I wouldn't be interested in being with someone who wanted me to engage in this. I guess I prefer my men to be a bit more possessive.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It would depend very much on the nature of the relationship. I couldn't do this with someone I was in love with. I would NEVER jeopardize my marriage by even thinking about such a thing. A casual boyfriend, though? Hell, yeah, I'd give it a shot. Sounds wild.
    Spammer Spanker

I don't think it's common, either. Most people seem to be pretty monogamous, even with simple bf-gf relationships.

I wouldn't do it myself, either. I'm a one-woman man.

Errrr.. I don't really think it's that common, or you're "old fashioned" for not being interested in trying it.

I'm all for trying new things-- but in most situations, when you bring numerous other people into your relationship, physical or otherwise, there are going to be issues.

If you're not into it, you're not into it. For me, I'm definitely not.. and I wouldn't try and "change" to be into it.