+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my long distance nightmare..

my long distance nightmare..

Hi there!

I’m sort of a nerd, spending a lot of time playing games online. About a year ago I ran into a fellow nerd who happened to be a girl. We became friends and started chatting both inside these games but also through emails and instant messaging.

However, in the past couple of months our chats have really intensified to a point where I’d say I spend more time chatting away at my computer than I do anything else. I find myself head over heels in love with this girl; I absolutely cannot get her out of my head no matter what I try. She sweet, funny, intelligent, beautiful and the chemistry between us is simply amazing, different from anything I have ever experienced with another girl, and from our talks I can tell it’s obvious that she has feelings for me as well.

She grew up in China but now lives in London and I’m from Denmark so there’s quite some distance between us. Now talking to her and knowing she’s so far away is leaving me feeling terrible to a point where I feel sick because of it. My stomach hurts like I’m hungry but I can hardly eat and I feel my eyes watering whenever I think of her which is, like I said, pretty much all the time.

Now I know I’m going to visit her but I don’t know what to do. I could tell her exactly how I feel but I fear I might come on too strong. Also the thought of maintaining a long distance relationship like this seems so extremely hard. However, plane tickets are easily affordable with a part time job and travel time is only about 2 hours.

I would move to London in a second if I could but as it stands I’ve applied and hoping to be accepted by a Danish university where I will be studying for up to 5 years, no less than 2 years. I have thought about turning down the university if I get in and try to look for an education I can apply for in London but at the same time I’m thinking love is making me blind and this could turn out to be a major mistake.

I think my head is about to explode.

Thank you for taking time to read about my predicament. I’m keen on hearing if any of you have anything to say that could help me. If not, at least I got to vent my feelings

Claus

I think you're really getting ahead of yourself here.

While the chemistry may be great online.. actually being together in person is a heck of a lot different.

If you're interested in seeing where this is going-- meet her first.

Don't make plans to confess your undying love, or start thinking about this already being a long distance relationship -- and DEFINITELY don't cancel your plans for school.

Take it one step at a time. Don't jump the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by alovehangoverr View Post
    ...and DEFINITELY don't cancel your plans for school.
    For some reason I read that as: "and DEFINITELY...cancel your plans for school"

But seriously,
    You will be amazed at just how different people are in person from their online personalities.
    You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Online people are often different than in real life, especially if you are from different cultures.
    My ex-wife and I were pen pals (before the internet). She was hiding so much from me, it almost made me flip when we finally got together.
    We got married, but it was a VERY bad marriage.

Go visit her, spend time with her, but don't make any long term plans yet until you really know her IN PERSON!
    This can work out great if you guys get along in real life. But it can just easily work the opposite.
    Take it one step at a time man!

Babysteps!(its so hard though!!)
    Last edited by Clausthk; 20-07-10 at 06:47 AM.

I would imagine that there are more disappointments than not and when people finally meet. And I feel sorry for the guy or girl who confessed their undying love for someone online and made plans for this forever and happy ever after future, only to eat those words and when there was no attraction at all or no chemistry in real life . Can you imagine what a gonk they must have felt? LOL Getting off the plane and only to discover their worst nightmare awaiting....haha

But still, those online and who claim to have chemistry believe they know best and think what they have is real and there aint no convincing otherwise They all have to meet and to find out whether it is real and tons will be disappointed, some not.