+ Follow This Topic

Thread: wedding invite

wedding invite

Well I have been talking a lot over the summer with girl who iss studying abroad. We kicked it off very well the last 3 weeks of the previous semester before summer started. Would it be unusual or freak her out if I would invite her to come with me to a family wedding in a month and some change. She has not come back from studying abroad yet and I must RSVP soon to this wedding.So I would have to invite her before even seeing her come home...cause of the RSVP date. weird, awkward, comments, scare her away, suggestions, insight ??

I say go for it. Ask her. The worst that can happen is she says no, but it sounds like it could be more than that, like a no, but if she hesitates play it off like no big deal and ask her to dinner when she gets back from abroad.

On a side note, there is nothing more awkward than a whole bunch of people coming up and asking how long you two have been dating, and having to give the reply, oh we are not dating. Trust me, I know from experience. I'm not saying its a bad thing though, it was actually a jumping point for me to start the relationship with this one girl.

I dont think she should be meeting your family this soon. Get to know her better and then ease her into your life. She may get freaked and run away if she meets some strange family members! ( which we all have haha)