+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is the grass greener on the other side?

Is the grass greener on the other side?

Ive been with my girlfriend for 4 years now and we have been through alot, i still care for her and do love her and ive never contemplated leaving her or cheating on her until the last few months. I dont think i could cheat on her because she deserves more but since i started a new job there has been a girl who has been talking and flirting with me alot and wanting to go 'party' with me and is seemingly interested in me. Usually i would just disregard these advances and get on with my life but the past 2 months i have been unhappy with my girlfriend, we live together and i just feel like we are becoming more distant daily and argue alot more.

Im 22 and i feel like im having a mid life crisis, i want to live my life and go out and not worry about having a girlfriend because ive never experienced that, i fear that i will look back a few years down the track and think i missed my chance but in saying that i may look back and regret leaving my girlfriend when she has moved on, ideally id like to have a break then come back to her but i know thats just selfish.

Does anyone have any advice on how i could approach this?

I think you're too young to pick someone to stay with forever. You'll always have that feeling you missed out on something. You've been with her since you were 18. Maybe you're just outgrowing each other.

It's not a crime to grow apart from someone. Just recognize it for what it is and don't do anything stupid and hurtful like cheat on her because you can't muster the balls to leave her first.
    Spammer Spanker

I agree with Gigabitch. Absolutely.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    at your age it probably is greener...

You're not ready for a relationship.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.