+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing to your girlfriend

Losing to your girlfriend

My boyfriend and I both play a lot of video games but we never play them together. Tonight we played competitively for the first time and I kind of kicked his ass. I was really proud of myself, I consider him a better gamer than I am but I beat him fair and square. He through a little hissy fit at first. Saying that the game sucked and he didn't want to play anymore. At one point he even brought up the exit menu and threatened to end the game before I could win.

He played all of this off as if he were joking and after I won we had sex and I was pretty much happy. After sex he uses the bathroom, comes back completely dressed and says that he's tired and is going to go home. it was seriously about 10:30. He usually stays much later than that. After he left I had this weird feeling that he was angry at me for beating him. I didn't gloat or anything. I sent him a text saying that I had a really great time playing with him and that we should do it again soon. He hasn't replied back

My question to you gentlemen is: would you get mad at your girl if she beat you at something as silly as video games? Do you think he's mad at me? Or am I just reading into nothing.

Wow. I sure hope he's not getting pissy over that. My boyfriend scratches all the time when we play pool, and he never gets moody over it. My boyfriend gets happy for me when I start to get better at video games. Just the other day he was helping me figure out the whacked out controls for GTA.

Not sure what else he could be pissy about it though. Either way, give him some space and let him call you. Don't reward his potentially childish behavior with worries and concern. He'll get over it.

I beat my boyfriend at pool and online games we play. He never gets annoyed over it though I know he really wants to win! Yeah he sounds very immature, don't phone or text him till he contacts you. Tease him about beating him at the game next time you see him! hehehe

He's not mad, just a little humiliated that he looked weak in front of you. If a guy takes pride in
    his skills at something (even something stupid like video games) it can be ego busting to fail at it in front of the girlfriend.

Just give him some space as lahnna said, and don't bring up playing video games again for a while.

Yeah, he wrote me back challenging me for a rematch. We'll see how that goes!

Some guys are just competitive jerks who can't handle losing a game. Poor sportsmanship. Next time he sulks like a little boy, treat him like one.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Jeeze Louise, Lalia, it's like you got one that had never been out of the box before. He has to learn all these lessons at your expense. I'm glad you like him, because I'm pretty sure I don't.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I did play a game that my g/f legitimately kicked my ass at, like several times.

I think for a male, in a male dominated hobby, that it's strange to get beat, especially when she's not some professional gamer whose reputation already precedes her.

I'll admit, my blood started to boil when I was playing my hardest and she was just steamrolling me.

It was a completely new game, of a genre we don't often play, Toy Soldiers for the Xbox Live Arcade.

Of course, being male, and having to dominate things, I played until I got better, and while I managed to consistently beat her, there were still a lot of close calls.

I would say, be careful about the rematch, and about doing it so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Some guys are just competitive jerks who can't handle losing a game. Poor sportsmanship. Next time he sulks like a little boy, treat him like one.
    Exactly, and I wouldn't get mad about it myself, because non of my gfs' could EVER beat me at a video game! lol, but if a girl did beat me, it would be a turn on for me, I'm weird like that lol.

I'll second Vincenzo in that some guys are just sore losers. He'd probably have been upset no matter who beat him, and it just so happens that you beat him this time. Getting beaten by someone sitting next to you is a lot different than losing to someone online because you have to look the person you just lost to right in their face. Video games can be a good way to bond, so I wouldn't avoid playing with him in the future. I also wouldn't let him win to boost his ego, because that would be plain insulting.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Jeeze Louise, Lalia, it's like you got one that had never been out of the box before. He has to learn all these lessons at your expense. I'm glad you like him, because I'm pretty sure I don't.
    Yea. I have my moments when I don't like him much either. Fortunately for him they are few and far between.

It's completely normal for men to become emotionally invested in competitive games. They usually throw hissy-fits when they beat each other, so it doesn't come as a surprise to me that he would throw one when he gets beat by his own girlfriend. (Don't believe me? Join any random Counter-Strike server for 5 minutes and let me know how civilized they're behaving towards each other.)

I have personally maintained a challenge for the past 2 years: I will personally take any girl who can beat me in a 1v1 in Quake Live out to dinner, anywhere. It hasn't been taken yet, and I think I'd be far too in awe to throw a hissy-fit.

So basically the women say his behavior was annoying (agree) and the men say it's normal :/

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    lol, Your boyfriend sounds like a 5 year old kid.

Who the F*** gets mad at their girlfriend for beating them in a VIDEO game?

That's childish, and just shows his maturity level.

And YOU, you thought everything was great when he said he was "just joking", then had some good SEX.

That was simply him PRETENDING it was a joke, so he COULD have sex with you. (Why ruin the mood of the whole night by being a jackass?)

Once you two were done, he was on his way home.

Pitiful, on his part.

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    Yeah, he wrote me back challenging me for a rematch. We'll see how that goes!
    Ok. I was about to SAY...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast