+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is this normal girl friend behavior?

is this normal girl friend behavior?

i've been with this girl for 3 years and when were not at school we dont see each other much if at all.
    but i'm working this summer job with another girl and we both work full time. my girlfriend always needs to know what i did with her, if i touched her at all, how much i talked to her, ect. she's unhappy if i forget to tell her anything. is this too much? i think after 3 years she would trust me even if we are far apart. i've never cheated on her or anything and i feel like this is overboard

thanks for any help

It sounds like a bit much. She might be really insecure, though. Something had to have triggered her acting like that. Unless she's done something she regrets to you and now she's insecure and is afraid you've done something...or will. Or maybe she doesn't see you a lot, misses you, and now is afraid that you're spending your time with this new girl and she's jealous that this other girl gets to spend time with you, and she doesn't.

I think you should just ask her. Make it very clear that there is nothing going on, you love her (or so I'm assuming) so she has nothing to worry about, but you feel like she just doesn't trust you. Make it clear you're not trying to fight with her or anything like that, but that you're afraid it's going to cause a problem and you don't want it to ....

From my point of view, I'd get a little a jealous if another girl got to spend more time with my boyfriend than I do.

Make it very clear that there is nothing going on, you love her (or so I'm assuming) so she has nothing to worry about, but you feel like she just doesn't trust you. Make it clear you're not trying to fight with her or anything like that, but that you're afraid it's going to cause a problem and you don't want it to
    ^^ Follow that advice. Let her know you understand how she's feeling and she has nothing to worry about.

Her behavior is not normal.

She's either very insecure or cheated on you.