+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trust Issue 2...

Trust Issue 2...

I had posted a thread awhile back. "Trust Issue..."

Well my gf said she wanted to work on our trust. The story from way back when we began was that some girl had tried to come on to me. I had tried to ignore her and push her away. I know now that I should have taken the situation differently and told her something like, "You need to leave me alone because I have a gf, so stay away." I told my gf this. I didn't cheat or lie at all but she can't trust me.My gf thinks now that if something like that were to happen while I am out with the guys or something that I wouldn't do anything to prevent something like that from happening. I've told her multiple times that I wouldn't so that to us and Im just not that kind of person. She wants me to do something to show her that she can trust me being out and what not but I don't know what I can do to show her that. She tells me I can tell her everything okay as many times as i want, that I need to do something to show her. Ive told her that i don't know what she wants me to do. That I've told her she means to much and makes me to happy to just go out and mess around behind her back. We got in a fight earlier about this earlier and this isn't the only time. What am I missing here? What can I do to reassure her that I can be trusted. She hasn't trusted me for months now and I don't know if Im overseeing something here to show her it's okay. Am I wrong in something? Everything else besides this big issue is great in our relationship.

So this girl made an advance toward you and you turned it down flat out of respect for your relationship ... end of story! You have absolutely nothing to "prove" to your gf because you have done nothing to breach her trust in you. Your gf has the right to expect you to reject any offers while you are together, but she doesn't get to write the script for how you do it!

You have done nothing wrong. Short of tattooing her name on your forehead, I don't know what more you can or should do. Maybe you can offer to let her pee on your leg?

Carl.

CARL!!!
    I've missed you!

As someone mentioned on your first post, it's more your girlfriend's problem than yours.
    As long as you didn't actively encourage this girl, you have done nothing wrong. You didn't respond to her advances, you respected the relationship that you are in. She can't expect you to not talk to girls or be in their company. Maybe say that to her.

As for what you should do now, I'm not really sure there is anything you can do. It seems maybe she has been hurt in the past, maybe something happened in a previous realtionship that made her trust less easily. She obviously likes you because she wouldn't care otherwise and react as much as she has done. Just show her how much you care for her. do all the lovey-dovey stuff, text her randomly saying you've been thinking about her, when you see her, tell her she looks beautiful etc etc. It seems to me that she just lacks confidence and finds it hard to trust. She doesn't want to be made a fool of, because she has been geniune with you. Just show her how much she means to you, make her feel appreciated.

You say this all happened in your first month together, and that you have now been together for 5. That must count for something. If she was that insecure about it, she would have probably gone long ago, so maybe also do what you have been doing, because she's stuck around, so it must be working.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You don't have to do ANYTHING to prove it. You already have her not believing it is HER problem. Tell her SHE needs to do something to help herself trust your words- she has no reason NOT to believe you.