+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She is lying

She is lying

I met this girl online, and recently I have found out that she is not the person that she is claiming to be.

I gave her every opportunity to come clean about it, but she keeps on lying.

How can I confront her, tell her that I know she is lying without telling her that I found out about it.

( A friend of mine knows her, I dont want to get him in trouble, so I dont want to reveal my sources.)

Thank you

You met her online? Whatever. Just ignore her. Spend more time interacting with real people that you can interact with face to face.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Why are you even wanting to waste your time in confronting a liar?

As soon as you became aware she was a big dirty liar, you should have been out of there and simply stopped talking and cut her off.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Why are you even wanting to waste your time in confronting a liar?

As soon as you became aware she was a big dirty liar, you should have been out of there and simply stopped talking and cut her off.
    Not only a liar, but an online acquaintance thats a liar. What a waste of time.

It will restore the balance to the universe
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

She's going to feel stupid when you confront her and may disappear ... and if she doesn't feel stupid she may honestly lie as to why she lied in the first place...

Are you still only communicating online? If so ... then just email her or message her. If you're talking online, it's easier to confront someone, or should be. Tell her you know someone who knows her ... don't give any names and be upfront that you're not giving out any names because that's not how you are and that it's completely irrelevant.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    What have you got to benefit by finding out anyway? If she keeps lying, you get angry, you lose. If she does tell you she's a liar, you won't have any assurance she's gonna be truthful next time. This, in turn continues to give you doubts, eventually, it ends up in a fight (a useless and unproductive one at that) AND you still lose.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

NBT is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Ohhh so she WAS using fake pics? Just like I said?

THANK YOU! That is all I needed to know.

(And it's all YOU needed to know, TOO)

But to answer your question...

Tell her the reason you're done with her is due to the GAMES she's been playing.

(I posted in your OTHER thread about this girl, so we BOTH know what those games ARE)

And if you want, just CASUALLY say.. "And by the way, I finally figured out why you won't meet me....It's because you're using fake pix."

When she denies it (and she will) you don't have to incriminate your friend, just tell her it's common sense.

It's OBVIOUS. You were just too "blinded by love" to figure it out before.

Problem solved.

If it matters so much to you that someone you speak to online is honest(ok, so people don't have a reason to lie but then again why would someone online suddenly owe other people the absolute truth about everything?) and open(once again, like the reason for honesty- but with the fact that people have different reasons for being online and sometimes people don't want to spill out personal details and life stories to someone they don't know or trust- as hard as that may be to hear-), then it sounds like you're trying to be too personal on the net.

What I mean is, is it important that you know how they look, or how they sound(if you use mics/skype), their relationship status, where they live, what they do for a living, asl, ect if you are only chatting to someone online? I can understand if the person is someone you intend to meet with. Or from a dating site. Something more invested than just a name with some text that replies with some details. I know that's a cold way of seeing it, but a lot of people make up things. And someone could say a billion facts about themselves and you would still know more about the co worker you see twice a week over 4 months than you would this person you talk to 3 hours each night for 6 months.

You know you wouldn't trust her anymore or believe anything she says. So what is the point in even talking to her anymore? It won't make any difference if you confront her if you decide to not chat to her anymore.