+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Marriage?!?!?!

Marriage?!?!?!

Me and my boyfriend have been dating one year and two months, we are very much in love, we are very close and best friends. Is it too soon to tie the knot???? reply please I would like to know opinions!!

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sure you will get responses to your heartbreaking story , just if you will post them in the right forum. Why did you choose suggestions forum to post all your threads? Whatever , I'm moving it...
    I wazzzz here

Depends on the situation....some people never get married and just live together for years, others get married quickly.

My parents dated for a week were engaged for a month and married, they have been married for 36 years. They said they just knew....of course it was the 70s and they were both high as ****....but it seems to have worked for them.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

If you're asking if it's too soon, it probably is. When it comes to marriage, from what I hear, when you know, you know.

It varies for everyone. For some 6 months is too long, for others 7 years is too short. It doesn't really matter what others think in this situation, but what matters to you.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I have to agree...don't ask others if it's too soon. If you two don't think it is, then it isn't. I knew after only months of dating my now husband as of July 3rd this year, that I wanted to marry him....but we waited. In all honesty, as amazing as it is, maybe waiting would be smarter just to be sure? What's the rush in all honesty? If you know you want to get married...you know you love one another...then you will both be there a year or 2 down the road right? Live life, love each other, and experience things a little more before you get married. I say if you want to go for it, but just think about that .... why rush if what you feel is real, then you'll both be there later.

Again, it's not about what others think ... it's about how both of you feel. Parents, friends, strangers .... we're all going to have a different view for OUR reasons....what are your reasons for getting married to one another? That's where your answer lies

why rush if what you feel is real, then you'll both be there later. ...
    EXACTLY!!

People who rush IMO are people who are afraid it won't ever happen.

But if it's real, it will.

When I got married in nove of 2003, so many people said we weren't ready. They all seemed to think that we thought marriage was just a game. When we got married, several people said we would be done in three months.

When we were still together then, they said by the end of the year we would be done for sure. They found out I was pregnant and said our marriage would not last past our child's first birthday. He is 18 months old now and we are still going strong. I haven't heard anyone talking about our marriage time line lately.

People said we weren't ready to get married because we were young and hadn't been together long. I was 23 and my husband was 20 when we got married. We had been dating for only nine months, but we knew we were ready. We had talked about what we wanted our future to be like realistically. We had answered all the questions that we thought anyone should answer before they get married. Yes, we were ready for the lifetime commitment that we both believe marriage involves.

When contemplating marriage, it is a good idea to look at more factors than just how old you both are and how long you have been together. Those two things won't get you through the rocky parts of marriage. You need to take into account each party's hopes and dreams, beliefs, and ideas about childrearing, to name a few. There are also current things you need to consider like finances and location.

The first thing my husband and I discussed when considering the idea of marriage was our personal beliefs. We wanted to make sure we believed in the same things to avoid fights later. In this, I don't just mean spiritual beliefs, though those are important, too. But I also mean things like who is going to do the cleaning? Who will be in charge of finances? If children are involved, who will do the majority of the childcare? These may seem like small things, but they can cause some pretty big fights if you aren't both willing to compromise and work things out.
    DO NOT PUT LINKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how old are you?

I agree with mytarun. It is important that you and your partner agree even with small things. You may think this is simple but it isnt. When love is young and new, most of us see our partners with flawless characters and they are sooo perfect for us. But as we move forward with our relationship, we realize that our partners have change. They are not the same as we first met them and this is a normal process. Some people take their time to get to know the person before commiting, others are more adventurous and say we have a lifetime to know each other. I think, the decision is yours and I am hoping that you make the right one. Remember that whoever we choose as our partner in life can bring us success or failure, so be wise with your decision.
    Don't take life too serious. You'll never escape it alive anyway. Join my free online video course to increase your chances to find true love in http://www.HelpMeSydney.com