+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance Girlfriend..needs time..

Long Distance Girlfriend..needs time..

So, I've known this girl (LD) for around 3 years.
    I'd so we've been together for 1 1/2 years on and off I'd say.
    Ive asked her for breaks before and she's told me no and convinced me that we could work things out together.
    Shes gotten a break before too. For a month. There wasnt really I reason. But it was after her grandpa died and she was heartbroken.. so that break was okay.

But now she's asked for another one. She said i get upset about everything and i make her mad all the time now.
    I got upset this time, because she was asking hypothetical questions like " what if I wasnt in love with you anymore?""would you want me to tell you?" Afterwards she said she was only asking because her friend was just told by her bf of three years that he wasnt in love with her.
    Then she went on to say how sad she would be if I did that to her.
    I got upset and she called me melodramatic and said she wanted a break.

It was a few days ago and the day after she talked to me for a bit then didnt reply.

Yesterday, I texted her saying I miss you and she said miss you too. I said 'thats good' and she said no.

Today I had a dream about her.. I texted her asking her if I gave her space would she want to try this again. she said "Maybe okay? I just dont know" then she didnt reply. But I only said okay so there was really not much to say.

Finally, like.. 2 hours ago she texted me saying "hey" I said hello. She asked me how i was. I said "eh. you?"

And she didnt reply.

Also, on her facebook, last time I checked (right after I said I missed her) she had statuses saying how it was hard to move on. Lyrics from Man who cant be moved-The Script and Low-Mariana's trench. I really want to look again..but i'm scared. I dont know what to do or how to feel.

I dont know If I should give up.
    I know she loves me. i just dont understand what's going on. I dont think me being 'melodramatic' is behind this.
    I still hope because we were planning on me moving there next year. And we both promised not to give up.. and a few weeks ago she was asking for my ring size to buy me a promise wrong. im sick of crying..

Have you 2 ever met in the 'real' world?

We were supposed to later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FadedColor View Post
    So, I've known this girl (LD) for around 3 years.
    I'd so we've been together for 1 1/2 years on and off I'd say.
    Ive asked her for breaks before and she's told me no and convinced me that we could work things out together.
    Shes gotten a break before too. For a month. There wasnt really I reason. But it was after her grandpa died and she was heartbroken.. so that break was okay.

But now she's asked for another one. She said i get upset about everything and i make her mad all the time now.
    I got upset this time, because she was asking hypothetical questions like " what if I wasnt in love with you anymore?""would you want me to tell you?" Afterwards she said she was only asking because her friend was just told by her bf of three years that he wasnt in love with her.
    Then she went on to say how sad she would be if I did that to her.
    I got upset and she called me melodramatic and said she wanted a break.

It was a few days ago and the day after she talked to me for a bit then didnt reply.

Yesterday, I texted her saying I miss you and she said miss you too. I said 'thats good' and she said no.

Today I had a dream about her.. I texted her asking her if I gave her space would she want to try this again. she said "Maybe okay? I just dont know" then she didnt reply. But I only said okay so there was really not much to say.

Finally, like.. 2 hours ago she texted me saying "hey" I said hello. She asked me how i was. I said "eh. you?"

And she didnt reply.

Also, on her facebook, last time I checked (right after I said I missed her) she had statuses saying how it was hard to move on. Lyrics from Man who cant be moved-The Script and Low-Mariana's trench. I really want to look again..but i'm scared. I dont know what to do or how to feel.

I dont know If I should give up.
    I know she loves me. i just dont understand what's going on. I dont think me being 'melodramatic' is behind this.
    I still hope because we were planning on me moving there next year. And we both promised not to give up.. and a few weeks ago she was asking for my ring size to buy me a promise wrong. im sick of crying..
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Have you 2 ever met in the 'real' world?
    Say what?
    WTF, promise ring? You're thinking of moving to her? You've never met her in person? Seriously.

For all practical purposes, she was an imaginary girlfriend. You haven't been together for 1 1/2 years because you haven't been together at all. Just move on and date someone real who lives in your area.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Sorry man, this is a joke. I don't want to be too harsh. But when I was reading this I thought that you guys had met and stuff...

Go out, and get a real g/f. Ideally one thats quite local, because even if you do have a long distance gf, that you do actually get to feel and touch every now and again. It's a b!tch. Not recommended to anyone.