+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: No desire to kiss

I was married to a man for 10 years who didn't like kissing, beyond a light peck in greeting. He also didn't really like his face touched. I tried to believe that wasn't important. I was wrong, it was a fundamental incompatibility. But I now associate that trait with a total lack of passion, which was another trait of his.

Now I am dating a man who is much more tactile in general, and he really likes kissing. I could, and have, kissed him for hours. And I don't think it is a coincidence that he is a better lover, either. Sex with kissing is more passionate. I now feel foolish for settling for someone who lacked passion for so long. Now, I assume that it is possible to be quite passionate and still not like kissing very much, in which case more power to the couple who agrees that is their preferred way of being together. As for me, I will not ever be in a relationship again with a guy who doesn't like to kiss a lot. That's just my personal preference.

I don't really enjoy kissing or have any desire to do unless I'm properly attracted to a woman emotionally. I'll still do it, but it feels like a chore if the attraction's purely physical. If there's an emotional connection though, it's bibically good and I could go on for hours without wanting anything more.

If you've got doubts about your passion and interest in someone, perhaps your desire to kiss is all the validation you need.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234