+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i tell my friend how i feel?

Should i tell my friend how i feel?

Hey, I'm new here and would really appreciate some advice on a problem I have with this girl.

Basically, she is a really good friend of mine who I have practically always had feelings for. I get mixed siganls from her, sometimes I'm convinced that she likes me back and at other times I'm sure she doesn't. We talked about my feelings for her just over a year ago, and she told me that I was too good a friend to take it to another level (damn friend zone!) Well after that I thought that I got over her, but in reality, looking back I don't think that I ever stopped liking her, I think that I just forced my feelings to the back of my head, until a few months ago when we became closer than usual and those old feelings came flooding back. Now I don't know what to do, everybody I know believes that we are made for eachother and many think that we are together in secret, we have been told so many times that we act like a couple, and she has told me that she thinks I am the perfect guy for her and that she missed her chance when I 'used' to like her. What's more is that her family believe we should be together, even sitting her down once and telling her that they think she should get together with me! We also have what I guess you could call a 'romantic friendship', we got to dinner and the cinema together, we basically do everything a couple does except the physical side, although we do cuddle quite a bit. I understand what people say about the 'friend zone', but I have another really good friend who is a girl, but things are different with her, I'm never told by people that I should be together with her. I just don't know whether I should risk the frienship by telling her, I really want to but I don't want to lose someone very special to me altogether, so do you think I have a chance?

So there you have it, I'm really sorry it's so long but I wanted to tell you as much as possible so if any of you are kind enough to sift through all this and let me know what they think then it would mean a lot, thanks

i never understand these stupid ass questions, how the **** am i supposed to know whether she you have a chance or not? i have never met her and i dont have psychic powers, only the girl in question (or her friends) will know the answer

what i can say is though, you must be going through torture every time you see her if you do like her, i know you said you dont want to ruin the friendship, but its time to be a little selfish, surely you cant keep this up for too much longer - you will either resent the girl and therefore ruin the friendship, or just walk away and therefore ruin the friendship, in my opinion friendship will never work, when one party wants something more than what the other party is willing to give.

my advice is tell her, if she says no/friend zone, its time to walk away, you have already tried to "not like her" - it hasn't worked and probably wont - you never know, she might share the same feelings - if not, time to move on, just my 2 cents, take it or leave it

Just tell her.

It makes not one iota of difference that your friends think you are great together, that your families think you would be good together....if she aint feeling it, she aint feeling it and she isn't going to be with you and just because it may suit everyone else and makes them happy, she will do what makes HER happy and rightly so.

If she doesn't feel the same and after you tell her, then you have to cut ties with her and in order to get over her and move on. Or you can choose to remain the 'lovesick little puppy dog' and forever more.

The way I figure (coming form experience)...its better to just know one way or the other....and you'll never know unless you do something about it...or she does....life is to short to not be upfront about these things.

I don't have time for the games, I'll skip that and get to the fun stuff.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn