+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Used to smoke

Used to smoke

Used to smoke.. like almost seven years ago, or more. was never a heavy smoker but socially and when in college. I am now a non-smoker, non-drinker, health food person, runner.. etc. major life style changes in the past seven/eight years.

lately ive been craving smokes really BAD and even had one here and there over the past few weeks... I am actually sitting here at home thinking "I can have just one.."

wtf is going on with that?? where is this coming from?! its sort of causing me some concern bc I do not want these bad habits in my life.

is anyone an ex-smoker that can explain this to me after so many years of not wanting it?? I am not under any new stresses or dealing with anything particularly overwhelming so I really dont know what is triggering this.

thanks-

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    Used to smoke.. like almost seven years ago, or more. was never a heavy smoker but socially and when in college. I am now a non-smoker, non-drinker, health food person, runner.. etc. major life style changes in the past seven/eight years.

lately ive been craving smokes really BAD and even had one here and there over the past few weeks... I am actually sitting here at home thinking "I can have just one.."

wtf is going on with that?? where is this coming from?! its sort of causing me some concern bc I do not want these bad habits in my life.

is anyone an ex-smoker that can explain this to me after so many years of not wanting it?? I am not under any new stresses or dealing with anything particularly overwhelming so I really dont know what is triggering this.

thanks-
    You're not any more, or less busy than you usually are?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You're not any more, or less busy than you usually are?
    hmmm.. actually.. yes! i typically travel over the summer on some sort of over seas thing. (im a teacher).. this summer I decided not to. wanted to hang out with my friends and do stuff around here... and take it easy for one summer. is that whats going on?!

didnt think of that- bet its boredom and being out of routine.

thanks for that post! now that i know i can deal with it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    hmmm.. actually.. yes! i typically travel over the summer on some sort of over seas thing. (im a teacher).. this summer I decided not to. wanted to hang out with my friends and do stuff around here... and take it easy for one summer. is that whats going on?!

didnt think of that- bet its boredom and being out of routine.

thanks for that post! now that i know i can deal with it.
    Heh, you knew the answer all along.

One of my girlfriends quit over twelve years ago and she still wants them. She realizes that she may never stop craving them. You just have to be strong, Kayla. Don't have even just one.
    Spammer Spanker

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I used to smoke alot, but i gave them up when i was pregnant. I do crave them now when im stressed or bored but its all about self control, it takes alot of willpower to not have 'just one'.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

it's very probable that if you have one drag of a cigarette you'll want to throw up.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I think you be so repulsed once you find out what all the ingredients of a cigarette are, you will be completely repulsed by them; therefore, even the thought will make you sick.

Quitting is hard. Have you tried substituting certain beverages like coffee or tea for cigarettes?
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I used to smoke, I still do. But i used to too.
    Maybe your craving because you are around other people who smoke and the smell itself is enough to drive you to want it again.