+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Too Close To A Friend? - PLEASE HELP

Too Close To A Friend? - PLEASE HELP

Dear All,

A couple of days ago I was in a really awkward situation. One of my best friend's boyfriend whom I have only met once sent me an e-mail telling me to stop talking to his girlfriend (my close friend) because she constantly calls him by my name. He told me he is worried that she might have feelings for me.

My question is should I listen to him and stop getting in touch with my friend? We only talk online as she now lives in a different country but before that we used to be very close as I've known her since the age of 5. If I should back out, what do you think I should tell her? I obviously can't tell her the real reason.

As always, any and all help will be deeply appreciated

PS: If you are wondering, the conversations we have are innocent with no flirting and no odd signals so there is no way that the two of us will get involved.

I'd tell her jealous bloke to butt out. You two have been friends since you were 5 years old. He has no right trying to become between your friendship. I'd also tell your friend, exactly what he said to you.

The chances are, is that he is jealous of how much time she spends chatting to you and he feels left out....awwww, poor him.

I once had a friend, whose bf tried to stop her from hanging around with me. He said that she would be more tempted by other men and if she came on nights out with me. Sad insecure fool he was.

Oh hang on....are you male?? I misread your post. I dunno why, but I was thinking you were female, with a female friend....duh.

I dunno then...might sway my opinion. I will have to think about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Oh hang on....are you male?? I misread your post. I dunno why, but I was thinking you were female, with a female friend....duh.

I dunno then...might sway my opinion. I will have to think about this one.
    Yeah, I am a guy. Don't worry though, apparently more people made that mistake .

The thing is though, he's not jealous about the time we spend talking because he's the one that prefers to hang out with his guy friends or just sit home and watch TV instead of being with her. To be honest, I really don't know why she's still with him but of course I can't tell her that because she relies on my opinion too much. I'm really reluctant to stop talking to her but I also don't want to tell her what her boyfriend did.

If you do come up with any other ideas, please let me know

tell her, show her the email. let her decide what to do.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching