+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am in love, and I can't be.

I am in love, and I can't be.

First, I would like to say that I am 23 years old, have been in quite a few relationships and consider myself to be somewhat emotionally mature. I am typically very cynical when it comes to love and relationships. In fact, I'm terrified of the "L" word. I've always considered romantic idealism outdated and completely unrealistic.

However, I met a girl.

I've only known her for about two months, but I feel so strongly for her. She is wholly beautiful, inside and out. She is funny, charming, very intelligent and we are very similar— probably more so than we both realize. Her eyes – God, her eyes! The way she stares directly into mine, whether I'm telling a dumb story or we are having a serious conversation, makes me feel like I'm melting into my seat. She randomly sends me texts throughout the day, and it makes everything so much better. I constantly smile whenever I hear my phone. I've never been so confident in saying that I love this girl, despite only knowing her for a short time. But I can't.

As usual, it seems time and circumstance dictate these things. The manner in which I met this girl was through a friend. One of my best friends, actually. While they're not technically in a relationship, she has expressed interest in him and, while being rather coy, he has as well. Although I certainly don't think he comes anywhere close to how I feel about her.

While we talk a lot, I have never expressed my feelings for her. I simply can't because I feel like I would be backstabbing my friend. Plus, an added complication: I'm leaving the country in two months. And I know that once I move my mind will most likely be focused on other things and I will move on and forget about her, but I really don't want to. I want to know more about her. I want to dig deeper and I want to fall in passionate, unrestrained love. I want to cuddle up and watch old movies, stroll through the park and dance with her. I want to do all those damned corny things they do in romantic comedies. Most important, I want the opportunity for this, perhaps naive, emotion to turn into a strong, genuine love.

Any thoughts?

hey
    seems like u like this girl big time!!
    but one part of your post concerns me a bit:

"I'm leaving the country in two months. And I know that once I move my mind will most likely be focused on other things and I will move on and forget about her"

this makes me think there is no point in even prosuing this if this is how u think u will end up!!!
    best just leavning it if thats how u feel about it and let this girl prosue something which has a future.

Either ask her to wait for you to come back or ask her to come with you.

Asking these questions and knowing the answer is better than never knowing and plus if she rejects both, you won't have to feel guilty about forgetting about her.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

. Let her know about your leave from the country in 2 months and see how she feels about that.If she still seems as interested in you then you've got something to work with, but if she loses interest in you then you know it wasn't meant to be. She may opt for your buddy since he'll actually be there. these emotions you 2 are experiencing may simply be the desires of the flesh rather than the affairs of your hearts if you follow me. Don't make any hasty decisions and keep your friendship at the front of your mind always. If you need to, talk to your buddy about it, see how "much" he's into this girl.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well you can't have it both ways. you can't expect to continue befriending her on a deep level AND get over her at the same time.