+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Facebook chat dilemma...

Facebook chat dilemma...

Hey!

Salam

Well...I have got a Facebook dilemma
    By pure coincidence, I mistakenly started chatting with a friend's older brother (the brother was using my friend's account) on FB. Immediately, I wanted to break the conversation, but then found it difficult because conversations between us seemed to flow effortlessly...(BTW, he has never met me before)...so we ended up chatting, with him using my friend's account. So after a while, he decided to sign out out of his brother (who is the aforementioned friend) account and entered into his account. He added me as a friend and continued chatting for quite a while...

That pure chance of a 'meeting' happened a week ago.
    Since then, I have been chatting with him on-and-off during the evening for the past few nights. We don't really chat for too long because he works (I'm in Uni now and he's only a few years older than me) and he's always telling me to sleep early so I can get a good night's rest for my classes the morning after. I wake up early and whenever I go online to check on my FB he's always online...and a few times he actually started the conversation (as in he prompted the chat box to open)...and we chat for only a few minutes because then he has to go and get ready for work...

Well...this morning I actually prompted the conversation, and we ended up talking effortlessly to one another with me asking him questions, and him asking me questions as well...but he had to work the half-day shift today so he had to leave..but before leaving he actually said

When there is time we can chat again +It's nice to know u + and when I wished him fun at work, he replied try to have fun (but I wasn't sure whether that was meant for me or himself )

So, during the afternoon as I was on FB...I saw his online status but didn't want to bother him as I thought maybe he just got off work and yes, I didn't want to seem desperate...but all afternoon I felt down because I really wanted to talk to him...then this evening, as I had just gone online, he went offline...so I didn't get to talk to him...he went back online a few minutes after, but then went off again...

SO AFTER ALL THAT BABBLE...I WANNA KNOW:
    1. Is he sort of interested in me?
    2. Did he mean what he said in the during this morning's chat (as in, could I really just prompt him to chat with me? Even if he doesn't do it himself?)
    3. This evening, was he trying to avoid me?

Hehhehehe...I know this post is waaaayy tooooo loooong...but I wanted to make sure you guys understood the whole picture...hehehehe
    Thanks heaps!
    PS: Should I just prompt the chat?
    ( I don't usually have probs chatting online to guys whom I don't have any interests in...but I get nervous once I start to like them..;p)

Hi:

Well, he does like you, but don't get your hopes up of starting a relationship. Just focus on getting to know each other better, so you dont hurt yourself in case things don't work out.
    Yes, you can start chatting with him, but try to handle it as well as possible, it's better to check on him first, and let him come and talk to you. Sometimes being insistent, can push him away when you guys don't have enough intimacy.
    My advice: Don't show this guy all your interest, and how much you do like him already. Guys like mistery. Make him feel you like him but at the same time, make him feel that you are not available anytime, or dying to talk to him on FB.
    Good luck

TQ sooo much...I actually just prompted today's chat and all went well....;p

He is interested in you. Go for it

Let us know how it works

Haram,

You've been chatting for a week with someone you've never met before. It's impossible to answer any of your questions at this stage. My advice is lower your expectations and don't set your hopes up.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

John May: TQ!...if anything does happen I will post about it..
    Mishanya: thank u for the heads up...I'll keep it in mind...;p

HEY!

Just wanted to tell you guys, we started dating one another a few weeks ago!

Thanks for the advice!