+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Nothing left?

Nothing left?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half. I moved 3,000 miles away to live with him 6 months after we got together. Things have been pretty good between us, or so I thought, until about a month ago. Prior to a month ago, we were discussing marriage, children, and already started saving for our first home together. Now he is becoming more and more distant. A month ago, he had a very very minor surgery, and we decided to hold off on being intimate during his healing time (about a week). During that week he spent a lot of time reigniting his passion in the bible, and religion. Since he began reading, he has become colder and colder to me. Now the future we had discussed is taking a back seat to other possibilities he has in his mind. He's told me he want's to become celebate, and that he doesn't know about marriage, and he's thinking an even stronger no about children. He constantly nit picks how I word stuff, and twists what I am trying to say, as if he is trying to start a fight. But he doesn't get upset until he completely shames me and makes me frustrated and upset. I feel like he is trying to find a way out of this relationship. That he doesn't love me anymore. When I ask him if that is what it is, he smiles and kisses me sweetly on the forehead, as if I am crazy for thinking that this is even happening. Am I crazy? Or is there something fishy? Is there any way I can get him to open up to me? As to why he is changing his mind, and so incredibly fast? Am I just blindly hoping and holding onto any small fragment of hope? When there is nothing left?

If you think he is worthily always hang on to hope.

Honestly this sounds liike some mental instability on his part.

I would suggest talking to a psychologist, psychiatrist or a relationship counselor together.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like a condescending asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by sensualtulip View Post
    He's told me he want's to become celebate, and that he doesn't know about marriage, and he's thinking an even stronger no about children.
    Tell him if he is becoming celebate then you are packing your bags and leaving
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Do you want to stay with him if he follows through with his plans of celibacy? Where do you think that will leave you and this supposed future you guys had in the works?

Do you plan on rearranging all of your plans to fit this man's life? Do you think it will make him respect if you do? He already does not respect you as it is.