+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice going forward.Getting back with an Ex.

Advice going forward.Getting back with an Ex.

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend of 2years broke up around 4months ago, after going away on holiday I thought (or may have) started to fall in love with another girl. Unfortunatley, I'm so new to this, I didn't know how to handle the situation and it ended up in me and my girlfriend breaking up after me hesitating to break contact with this new girl.

I had booked another holiday where I would meet up with this new girl, but have since canceled after realising I still have feelings for my ex. And that is were the problem lies, the new girl has been very supportative and says I should go for it if I still love my ex. Only problem is my ex has a new boyfriend.

I had contact with my ex for the first time in a couple of months not long ago, this is were I told her how I still felt about her, and made my final apology for having hurt her. Things were very civil, but obviously I was hurt when I fouind out she had a new boyfriend. It caught me off gaurd, because we had been best friends for 4 or 5 months before we started dating.This seems to be moving very fast for her.

I think she has forgiven me as since I met with her she has contacted me online once or twice just to chat for the first time since the break up. And I'm sure there is still something there because when I told her I still loved her, when she repsonded she had moved on and was over me she didn't seem to look me in the eyes. This does make me think she may have not forgiven me, but still has feelings, not sure how to call it.

Like I say I'm so new to this, I just don't know what to do. I don't want to undermine her new relationship, I really don't want to hurt her again. But we had a really good relationship, I don't remember us having a single arguement that lasted beyong maybes a couple of hourse. We were really good together, infortunatley I made a mistake of judgement and cracked under the pressure, I hate that I really do. But I don't want to be back with her for jealousy, guilt any reason like that, I want to get back with her because I rememeber how good those 2 years were and we had so much to look forward too.

I'm finding it very difficult atm, I feel if I could just see her and talk to her, I have so much to say we could work thigns out even after this time apart. But wit her having a new boyfriend, it is impossible for us to contact one another in person at this time, plus I don't want to rush things. It's just a quite impotent feeling, knowing someone is there that you love and you could work things out, just circumstances prevent it.

I've learnt from my mistake, do you think there is a possibility of a second chance, and if so how do I go about it? Or if the only advice is too wait and see what happens, do you have any advice for coping, because atm it's not a very nice experience?
    Last edited by lbnine; 25-07-10 at 05:57 PM.