+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need an advice.. please help

I need an advice.. please help

I study political science and at one of my courses I hit it off with my T.A... he was always staring at me, but he hated everybody, so I was really surprised when he started smiling and waving at me at the hall or veing super friendly whenever I asked a question.. he even said he really enjoyed my questions and asked if I ddin't notice how he always replies quickly and writes a lot.. I didn't do anything when the semester was still on but now it's been a week since I got my grade, so I e-mailed him that day asking if he wanted to get coffee sometimes.. and he hasn't replied! I don't mind him saying no, but why flirt all semester and than ignore me? why do you think he's doing this?

As I said, i don't ming his saying no, but I think ignoring is just immature... I mean.. I'm not planning on talking to him.. I take hsi silence as no, but why not just say it? and why did he behave like that all the semester?

I think you may be reading way too much into it.

First of all, is it possible that he uses that email address only for student discussion? Now that the course is over (and he is presumably on a break) he may not have seen it.

It is also possible (his comments taken at face value) that he wasn't really flirting ... but simply being friendly because you are such a good student.

He may also not want to encourage a connection with a student (even a former one). I'm sure the uni frowns on that sort of thing!

Last, he may not be interested. I agree that a simple rejection is better manners than ignoring you, but guys get that sort of treatment all the time.

Carl.

I think he might have assume you were not interested because you didnt approach him earlier and moved on.

But again, it should be the guy that approaches the girl.

Just one piece of advice. You said he hated everybody.... So is it someone who you really want to get involved with?

He will Hate all your friends, and eventually will become mean to you too, because thats who he really is. He is just putting up a front to impress you right now.

Thanks for your comment Carl.. but it is his private email address that he once gave me, and also - I wasn't that good of a student...