+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating my EX

Dating my EX

Hi Guys,

Well where to start? Me and my ex girlfriend split up around a month and a half ago (she did the dumping) after being in a long distance relationship for 2 years. When i say long distance, i mean a 2 hour train journey. She said she felt she had out grown the relationship and things had gone to sour. At first I didn't agree, but overtime I did. I didn't contact her for over a month and even removed her from Facebook etc. She then re-added me and we started to talk. Things then developed and we met for coffee and I told her that I felt that breaking up was the right decision. The following days I found her texting me, the texts never said anything special it was just general chit chat and then BAM! She invites me on holiday with her and her parents. I delayed my answer at first but then agreed. When on holiday I asked why she invited me, she said she enjoyed my company but she only invited me as a friend. I then asked if anything could ever happen to which she replied "I dont know? I'm not sure I want a long distance relationship again?!" The next few days went past and we got close, holding hands/cuddling out and about and also cuddling in bed. The final day of our holiday we kissed quite a lot. She text her friend saying it was amazing! When leaving her after the holiday we kissed and cuddled and she text me saying "bye, bye hansom". Since then things have gone frosty, she still texts me everyday, but when I say something like "i miss you or looking forward to seeing you" she ignores it and changes the subject or gives a frosty response like "me too!". I confronted her about this and she said "I thought we were taking things slow? I don't want to rush in all lovey dovey!". We have a date approaching on Saturday, i'm taking her for dinner. She says shes already planned her outfit. I asked her what i am to her, she just says she doesn't want to put a label on us and just wants to have fun? Surely this contrast what she said about taking it slow? The thing with her is she keeps saying things that contrast and I don't know what to believe??

I'm worried that I will get to close only for her to knock me back? Do you think I should persue her and continue to date her? I really am enjoying spending time with her and we get along so well, but I am concerned that maybe she's using me to make her feel good about herself? I have no good reason to believe this cause shes always been an honest caring person, but i guess its just a difficult time. Also do you think i'm wrong to keep asking what I mean to her and if something will work?
    Last edited by paul_266; 26-07-10 at 01:40 AM.

Wow, I know just how U feel.... Im somewhat in the same situation right now except ther is another guy involved... But the way me & her are is just like U & ur girl.... even down to the whole "not putting a label on it".. Wish i could give U advice but i'm there myself lol.... Good luck

Seriously man, seriously? What am I supposed to say? Am I supposed to say, "Good job man for hooking back up with your ex"?

Well, I'm not. You're going to get hit to the curb again and it will be more painful than it was last time. Why couldn't you just move on and find a nice girl?

Your insecurity towards your ex is normal due to the fact that your body knows something that your brain obviously doesn't. Ever heard of instincts? They act up whenever this kind of stuff happens. You don't trust your ex. Without trust, you cannot have a relationship.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.