+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: husbands drinking breast milk?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know someone who is a doctor...doesnt mean i know anything about being a doctor.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Well, OK, then. I have nursed 2 children. Both weaned at a year of their own volition, and both had a full mouth of teeth at that point. The position of the mouth while actively nursing precludes biting down on anything. It is only before latching and after unlatching that a child may bite. My elder child bit me once (at about 5 months of age) and the squeak I made scared her and she never did it again a single time. The younger one never bit me at all.

Teeth are beside the point. If we weaned a baby when it first got a tooth, we'd be weaning them from the best nutrition available for infants to a second-best copy well before they are old enough to get nutrition from solid foods. If breastmilk isn't an option for any reason, certainly formula is fine...but for mothers who can nurse, why would you want to pay out the nose for an even slightly inferior product and deal with extra preparation and stinkier diapers?

^^^it's not even just that. the natural source has been proven to be better for a child's development than formulas. formulas have done a good job at getting pretty close to the real thing, but there are more complex substances in breast milk that are too difficult to manufacture, some have not yet been identified. breast milk passes on antibodies that help defend against infections, prevents allergies, and can protect against a number of chronic conditions. and doctors highly recommend to breast feed exclusively for up to 6 months and continue up to 12 months...they even recommend longer if both the mother and child are willing. many studies have been done to show that breast milk might prevent obesity, that children who were breast fed have higher IQ's than children who weren't, and a few other benefits. nothing has been proven absolutely, but breast feeding is the most natural route to go, hands down.

so my point is, breast feeding is the best for however long the mother and child are willing. i've seen some women who have continued breast feeding children for years. i wouldn't necessarily agree with doing it for too long because it becomes more of a "mother not wanting to let go" kind of situation, and enabling the children to be a little too needy. at that point it's not really about nourishment anymore. but yeah, i don't think there is any particular time where a mother should stop doing it.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didnt say anything about not breast feeding, its definately for the best. I personally just wouldnt do it till that age...but i didnt say it was right or wrong, it just irritates me when someone with no experience whatsoever tries to say what is and isnt right because 'she knows someone' .
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

^^^i wasn't implying that's what you were doing. i just felt it was important to put that information out there. when people say that people should stop breast feeding at a certain point...like 12 months, 14 months, etc. (not talking about 48 months here) i don't think they really know what they are talking about. if the mother and the child are equally willing, then i don't think there is any problem with it. in fact, most doctors would support it. once you start getting in multiple years of continuing it, then it becomes a bit more complicated because it's not about nourishment anymore, it's a psychological issue. that's all i was trying to say with my post.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah qwert, what an idiotic argument. Just because I'm not certified mother, I can't have anything to say here. Really, if you're just looking for a fight, then say it.
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whos arguing? I was just pointing out to the poster above that I wasnt saying its right or wrong- as i realise my previous post could have looked like i thought it was wrong- i dont.

I'm not looking for a fight..but while were on the subject, its nice to know you cant infract me for having an opinion different to yours.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    I so hope that is a typo!!!!
    Here you say it's wrong to nurse a baby at 14mnths , so don't say you were saying it isn't right or wrong.

And lol , when did I infract you for having a different point of view than me? You're insane ,and you do start to sound like this idiot Neo. I never infracted anybody because I had an argument with them. Well, if I did, proove me wrong , show us the example. If you can't than just stfu.
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 22-11-10 at 04:23 AM.
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Here you say it's wrong to nurse a baby at 14mnths , so don't say you were saying it isn't right or wrong.

And lol , when did I infract you for having a different point of view than me? You're insane .
    Where exactly did i say its wrong?? It was a half tongue in cheek response...it is something i wouldnt do, i dont think its wrong or right (as i said previously)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    Where exactly did i say its wrong?? It was a half tongue in cheek response...it is something i wouldnt do, i dont think its wrong or right (as i said previously)
    Your post was so ironic, that 99% of people who read it would say, you SAID it's wrong. Ask others.
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But i didnt say it was wrong so stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah fine qwerty ,next time maybe use a better expression.
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I made it clear what i meant when i responded, you only jumped in when someone else put the argument forward that you couldnt think of.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So what? If I'd just jumped in, I wouldn't pointed it out as first . They just used more advanced arguments, to prove the same point that I've stated. Qwerty, just stop.It's you who's trying to turn everything around . I do think at first you've thought it's wrong to nurse a baby so long. You're not going to change my mind anyway. So let's just stop. Or, I'll stop and you can continue to talk to yourself
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Im not trying to change anyones mind!! Jeezus, i didnt say its wrong, i just said its not something i would or did do with my children. I dont see what im turning around- you jumped on my post, nobody made you comment. like i said earlier (several times) I AM NOT SAYING IT IS WRONG OR RIGHT!!! Just that i would not breast feed my children until they were 14 months old.

Now fcuk off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast