+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: husbands drinking breast milk?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok , again. You said, You hope she made a typo = You hope she didn't breast feed her child at 14 mnths = you think it's wrong. Where did I go wrong here? And why do you get so angry? Ok now I **** off
    I wazzzz here

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh..i thanked you for ****ing off.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Qwertz, can you please carify what your position is, rather than what it isn't?

What do you feel is an appropriate age to wean, and why?

Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dont really have any thoughts on what is an appropriate age to wean, personally, if i breastfed then i would probably stop not long after 6 months...but i never breastfed my children so i may actually feel differently if i did- i just cant see myself doing so when they have more than one or two teeth.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

So you would do all the work to establish a good nursing bond and provide the most nutritional food available to your baby for 6 months. Then before that child could crawl or say a word, you would remove that source of nutrition and comfort and wean to formula, only to wean again to cow milk 6 months later? (A 6 month old MUST have breastmilk or formula as their primary source of nutrients, they are not old enough to digest baby food sufficiently to get much value from it aside from practice) Why?

If your infant developed teeth early, like 3 months, would you wean even earlier? Why would teeth enter the equation, knowing that a baby cannot bite while nursing?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My baby bit me when nursing. It hurt like a mo-fo, and I dropped him.

I support breast feeding. It is very healthy for a baby. Still, around the one year mark, I planned to give it up. My own daughter would have starved to death had I not switched her to bottles at 6 months. She weighed less than 10 pounds at that point (being solely breast-fed), and it was determined I wasn't making enough milk for her to thrive. LaLeche militants were horrified when I stopped with the boobies.

When I was doing my L&D rotation in the hospital, I hated the extremist breast-feeding advocates who were militant about breast feeding. It is not appropriate in every single situation.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Of course, vashti. As I said before, formula is an acceptable alternative is breastfeeding doesn't work. Of course, if either of my children had not thrived and grown with breastmilk, they'd have been on formula with no hesitation!

But to wean a child at 6 months who is gaining weight and healthy and where nursing is working for mother and child, I can't understand that at all. Formula is required or preferable sometimes, every mother should get to choose for herself and her baby, of course. But I hate that society still puts pressure on mothers who are successfully nursing to wean before a year. That's just a ridiculous and nonsensical expectation!

i squirted my boyfriend with breast milk a few times. i think it's funny.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Still breastfeeding my 20mo. She actually got her first tooth at 2mo 2w old and now has 16, correct positioning prevents the child from being able to bite whilst feeding. My daughter is not ready to wean yet although she only feeds to sleep now (so before her nap, before bed and 2-3 times overnight). Toddlers can be pretty stubbornly fussy eaters and continuing breastfeeding reassures me she is at least getting the bulk of her daily nutrients no matter how little else she eats, the immune boosting qualities are also very beneficial as they become more socially interactive. There are perks for the mother as well; reduced risk of certain diseases, assistance in losing baby weight and an easy way to get a bit of extra sleep in the mornings!
    Last edited by Paperclip; 22-11-10 at 11:46 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Take2 View Post
    So you would do all the work to establish a good nursing bond and provide the most nutritional food available to your baby for 6 months. Then before that child could crawl or say a word, you would remove that source of nutrition and comfort and wean to formula, only to wean again to cow milk 6 months later? (A 6 month old MUST have breastmilk or formula as their primary source of nutrients, they are not old enough to digest baby food sufficiently to get much value from it aside from practice) Why?

If your infant developed teeth early, like 3 months, would you wean even earlier? Why would teeth enter the equation, knowing that a baby cannot bite while nursing?
    Why? because that is my choice. When i had my children it was always my plan to breastfeed until 6 months, the thought of two babies older than 6 months still being breastfed was not exactly inviting.

Because I said so, because I wanna, just because. These are all fine answers to end a conversation, but they are not particularly meaningful and don't add anything to a discussion. Of course it is your choice to make, I agree wholeheartedly. I don't understand why someone would make that particlar choice, would you care to elucidate me?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Jeeez, theres no huge thought behind it, i just did not want to breastfeed past 6 months, and if i ever have any more children then im pretty sure i wouldnt go past the 6 month mark. But like i said, i didnt breastfeed my two before so if i have any more children then i dunno, maybe i would think differently.

It's all preference when to ween the child. Geez...whats the big deal? If kids can chew and wants food plus breast milk, go for it! My ex-wife didn't breast feed my 2 kids for more than 3 weeks. She didn't have the patience to pump. Nowadays, formulas are just as good. The kids will be fine either way.

As for hubby sucking boobs, I think men should suck wife's boobs as often as possible. It's really erotic and bonds the relationship after childbirth. I talk to my GF about it, and she would love for me to suck on her boobs after baby (if we decide to have one).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234