+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The girl is overseas by herself. Suddenly no communication

The girl is overseas by herself. Suddenly no communication

I've been seeing a girl for 3 months but she has recently left for Europe (4 weeks) all by her lonesome. I'm 23, she's 21.

She's independent, stable and very smart, so I found myself quickly falling for her. The night before she left, she even sat me down and confessed that she had never met anyone as 'compatible'.

We left on a high note. But that was a fortnight ago. She emailed me with a quick update and some photos about 3-4 days into the trip, which I replied to.

Since then, it's been about 9-10 days and there's been nothing. She doesn't have her phone, and I've emailed her once without reply. In Europe, I can't imagine an internet cafe would be difficult to find and she even took her work with her along with her macbook.

Simply put, there is no alternative besides email, that would allow me to contact her.

Not wanting to over react, I've left it at the one email. But part of me is beginning to worry. Truth be told, I'm drifting between worry (about her safety), indignation (that she would be so uncharacteristically thoughtless as to not even let me know she's ok) and excuses (maybe she's just having too much fun and it's normal).

Do I have cause for concern? Does anyone have similar experiences to share?
    Last edited by Noah_the_Tall; 26-07-10 at 05:51 PM.

I wouldn't worry too much, honestly. While yes, there are as many internet cafes as there are turkish immigrants (and that's a lot), it doesn't mean she's spending her time in them. She'll be home soon enough and you'll know what was up at that point. The whole thing of people going to Europe and falling in love with some French dick doesn't happen all that often)))

Just to clarify, I'm not at all worried about what she is doing over there. I hope she's having fun.

Rather, I'm concerned for her safety since she hasn't emailed in so long, nor has she updated her facebook. I do hope I'm just over reacting, and that its common for people to drop contact temporarily.

if you need to, send her another short email to express your concern. as she says that she likes you that much she'll feel even more special when she comes back she'll be ok, and soon youll be together again. your 'excuses' sound very plausible and im sure she's having the time of her life and is thinking about you lots.

thanks for the perspectives pavlodar and kitty.

I've decided not to email her. I've already emailed her once and facebooked her once in 2 weeks - that is more than sufficient. If she wants to contact me, then she can.

We have only been dating for 3 months and that is a tenuous relationship at best. I think after a month of no contact, things will likely be different when she returns anyway. This time apart is actually a little beneficial because it allows me to get over her relatively quickly.

In retrospect, I think I inadvertently broke up with her the day before she left. She admitted that she really liked me and she was nervous about what would happen while she was away.

I told her 'it's a shame that I've only really gotten to know you and now you're leaving. We'll see what happens when you come back.'

She didn't seem happy with the answer, but I didn't think she'd take it that way.

it's up to you how you feel and maybe all the emotion of these short and sweet 3 months will come flooding back in a positive way. i wouldnt rule it out but after a month youre understandably gona think about her less than the day she left. good luck!