+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are Love Letters still cute and adorable?

Are Love Letters still cute and adorable?

My long term crush has made a move on me last week. We had a snog after getting drunk..

We talked about it and I made it clear to her that I wanted a relationship. I really fancy her.

So I decided to write a letter explaining my feelings for her. I know it sounds ridiculous. I want her to think it's cute and adorable.

So here it goes:

--------------------------------------------------------------

*ahem*

I'm the kind of guy who writes love letters. I'm a hopeless romantic -- I know.

We've been friends for a while huh?

Just want to let you know that you mean a whole lot to me.

I am a pretty serious guy. Always quite calm and low spoken. But when I come close to you, I go on a high. I can talk to you about anything and everything. I can let myself go nuts. I can be a child around you. I don't know if you find that annoying, but I love being that way.

I know you've fancied me. Considering how close we used to be, there was always something there .. maybe we were both too shy to open up to the other?

Since Saturday, I have been a sad little panda. Can't stop thinking about you. Can stop myself from fantasizing what it would be like to kiss you again. Thanks for messing me up.

Can't focus at work. I've lost my appetite. I feel lifeless. Is this what love does to you? You're beautiful, smart and funny... who wouldn't fall in love with you?

It's a privilege to have a partner who is also your best friend. I've seen that in so many places ... and I want the same.

I want something serious. I want a long term partner in my life. Someone I can travel the world with; Someone I can tell jokes to for an eternity, even if they're not always funny (just pretend to laugh). Someone who will brighten my day, everyday. Someone I can build a home with. I'm not quite prince charming myself ... but I believe in fairy-tales.

I'm a typical guy. I want a big house, a great wife and smart children and perhaps a dog or two, or even three!

I've been irresponsible and stupid. I've managed to piss you off on more than one occasion. I know I've made you cry and wonder what happened to me, during my exams. I know I should have taken you out on Valentines day. I've been late over and over again. I've been stupid and I feel awful for hurting you. I understand why you've become apathetic towards me.

Can you love an irresponsible, silly but lovable geek? I have a million more silly jokes to tell you.

You bottle up all your feelings. I wanna be the guy who opens the bottle. Will you let me into your heart?

Here's the deal. If you think this was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to you... and happen to feel something for me and want something more -- come to Leicester Square tonight ... wearing a pink baseball cap, backwards like a hipster.

I don't know where you'll manage to get the pink cap -- but you will. I'll be waiting in front of Metra. I'll be there till 10. Yep, I'm crazy like that.

Don't send any more emails or don't call until tomorrow. Just show up looking ridiculous in a pink cap (so I can make fun of you) and tell me how you feel.

Think this is far too creepy? Don't show up and delete this mail. Send me a joke as usual tomorrow and I'll know. We'll move on. I'll always be a good friend, like I told you before.

P.S. Don't show this to anyone. If you forward this mail (or worse, print it out and read it loud) to people like C or L, I will honestly kill myself out of embarrassment. Keep this within ourselves?

--------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think? I haven't sent it to her ... do you think she'll love it and do something crazy for me?

Since Saturday, I have been a sad little panda. Can't stop thinking about you. Can stop myself from fantasizing what it would be like to kiss you again. Thanks for messing me up.

Can't focus at work. I've lost my appetite. I feel lifeless. Is this what love does to you? You're beautiful, smart and funny... who wouldn't fall in love with you?
    I'd leave those lines out. They come across as 'weak' and they'd put me off....

You make it seem that your happiness is dependant on me, again off putting.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 26-07-10 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks...

Any more suggestions ... ?

Is this a terrible idea?

I'm unsure if it's a bad idea or not to be honest, but everyone is different you know. Some women may love this stuff, but I'd only like to recieve letters from the heart from some guy I was really into or a guy I was actually in a relationship with. The above, is off and on the kind of thing I would have loved to have recieved from my ex. But coming from some guy I had just kissed, it wouldn't be the same.

It really depends upon her feelings for you, as to how she will recieve it I think.

i think that even though she may have fancied you and you feel this strongly you shouldnt talk about anything long-term, you never know if itl freak people out. if you end up together then that's a different story.

^^Yeah I agree.

Don't speak of long term, with someone you arent even in a relationship yet.....so leave those bits out too, lol

She's a very sweet girl ... We've been flirting with each other for the last few months. She has a great sense of humor. Never really led to anything. I never made a move and nor did she.

Last Saturday, we got a bit tipsy and we dances like crazy in a club.. she was giving me the look... we held hands and caressed each other and finally kissed quite passionately.

Since then .. we have gone back to being flirty friends. Does she want me to make a move?

We spoke on the phone where I told her I wanted a serious relationship. Have not spoken to her since then .. it has been a couple of days.

Now what .. does a love letter and an elaborate confession of love do the trick ... ?

I'm going mad.

i think that, maybe if you dont believe it, you should tell her you didn't mean 'serious' in a long-term way. youve just got to go with the flow. maybe go out with her, just the 2 of you flirt as much as you want and it'll probably go somewhere. THEN if you get together and [inevitably] she'll ask where's this going, tell her you care for her deeply and that it's gona be going on for a long time. then she'll smile and kiss you and youll both be real happy together i think knowing it's long-term and serious is almost unspoken and the build-up of weeks/ months will tell all ^___^

and the love letter...... it's a great idea, just tone it down and make it playful, full of compliments and how much you appreciate her. she won't stop reading it and smiling. as long as you know she feels the same!