+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wrong to have only been with 1 person?

Wrong to have only been with 1 person?

So heres the issue. By no means is this a way for me to boast, I am just expressing how I am feeling and my legitimate concerns. I would say that I am a handsome man. I started getting a lot of attention from girls in high school, but mostly because of family issues (my parents were stressed with the foreclosure of our house, their health problems...etc) I never pursued any of these girls beyond just a friend because I didn't want to add that potential extra dimension to our family problems. It's not that I never had interest in girls, I just figured that I would be able to fully capitalize on relationships in college like a normal teenager, when my parents wouldn't have to worry about me partying, drinking etc...

And it just so turns out that I end up going to a fairly conservative catholic school where (most) people did not "party" and hookups weren't common at all. Most girls were pretty conservative. But regardless, I started dating an incredibly wonderful and beautiful girl my junior year. Needless to say, she was more experienced than I was (only by the virtue of her having had 3 boyfriends in her past; she was a virgin when we met). We instantly formed bonds and eventually lost our virginity together after our first year together. We are still together (2 years now) and I plan on marrying her after I am financially secure.

Here is where the problem lies. I am currently in graduate school and she is working in NYC. My classmates and people I've met at bars/clubs have tried to pursue me but I have been steadfast in my resolve to never cheat on my girlfriend. At my worst (horniest), I have had awful thoughts of sleeping with other women, but those are easy to quench with masturbation. My problem is that I know and am confident that women find me attractive and as a guy of course I will find other women attractive. My question is; should I have more experience before I decide to marry a person?

In addition, we live in a culture where random hook-ups are acceptable and the norm and men are expected to have 7+ partners. I kind of feel like I'm missing out by having only been with 1 person. I know the argument; that I am lucky to have found a wonderful person who has given herself to me and 98% of the time I feel that way as well. It is just this other 2% that i am DEATHLY afraid of.

Any advice from women?

Or guys who have been through this?

somehow 'quench' and 'masturbation' don't sound right together... reword and I will respond.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was with a first great guy, lost the V card to him and all that... planned on marrying him and him me. I too had those thoughts... It is my opinion that those thoughts get worse as you get older.

Here's the question I had to ask myself: are you willing to take the chance to leave (have the single experiences sex, dates, connections all that) and to find someone better? You WILL lose your current girl forever if you take the chance.

I took the chance and found someone much much better for me (and my ex was a great guy and awesome catch too).

Given that you're goodlooking and all- I think you should take the chance- you're young too both good things when taking the chance.

Do what you think is right. I found the posts from guys more useful than from girls since they are speaking from a perspective you can understand, if you are having girl troubles you DO NOT want to consult a girl.

Dude, the only thing you are missing out on by being with one girl are a bunch of diseases. If there is a promiscuous culture that abounds in your neck of the woods then the 'flu' must be getting passed around alot. No offense but most american and canadian girls are whores. If you've found that magical mystical hairy, juicy, wet pussy that leaves you in the clouds then don't stray, stay. I made this mistake once, I had that pussy from another world then the grass looked greener and it was an illusion. The USA is 99% illusion, don't go that way, it is the path to the darkside.

But follow your gut...

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by superman1 View Post
    Dude, the only thing you are missing out on by being with one girl are a bunch of diseases. If there is a promiscuous culture that abounds in your neck of the woods then the 'flu' must be getting passed around alot. No offense but most american and canadian girls are whores. If you've found that magical mystical hairy, juicy, wet pussy that leaves you in the clouds then don't stray, stay. I made this mistake once, I had that pussy from another world then the grass looked greener and it was an illusion. The USA is 99% illusion, don't go that way, it is the path to the darkside.
    Pot and kettle come to mind.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    Pot and kettle come to mind.
    what do you mean?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well your flag is welsh, unless my eyesight is now failing! So i guess you are welsh. It a bit of a blanket statement to say most american and canadian women are whores. Know many, do you?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Well your flag is welsh, unless my eyesight is now failing! So i guess you are welsh. It a bit of a blanket statement to say most american and canadian women are whores. Know many, do you?
    I am sorry yes, I have the welsh flag but I am not from Wales, that is my cover

are welsh women promiscuous?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, the ones i know are!!!