+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex text out of the blue

Ex text out of the blue

Having a normal day. NC for about a month and few weeks. Broke up 2 months ago.

Get a text out of no where saying "When are we gonna be friends again? "

What is going on here? She restricted me on FB and she told me NOT to talk to her.

Who knows, we can't read her mind.

But I wouldn't get excited about it. Exes often pull this kinda crap. Doesn't necessarily mean they are wanting to come back.

Do you want her back? Who ended it?

I know. I didn't reply back. And she hasn't texted me since.

I miss her. And for wanting her back? I'm not sure. I'm still trying to figure that out. And she's the one who ended it.

Maybe she broke up with you to see if the grass was greener elsewhere, now realising its not. Wants to return. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Username37 View Post
    I know. I didn't reply back. And she hasn't texted me since.

I miss her. And for wanting her back? I'm not sure. I'm still trying to figure that out. And she's the one who ended it.
    Ok well...if she is the one who ended it, perhaps she is looking for a way back.

Sometimes people can regret their decision to end things and they can genuinely start to miss you.

If you don't reply to her text, you will never know what her intention behind the text was and you have to reply and to know why she may be contacting.

So I think you should reply and to get some clue as to what she wants, if she is looking to return.

If you don't hear anything that you want to hear, or you sense she is just looking for friends....then cut off the contact again and if you can't deal with friends.

If you aren't bothered about having her back though, then don't bother replying.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Ok well...if she is the one who ended it, perhaps she is looking for a way back.

Sometimes people can regret their decision to end things and they can genuinely start to miss you.

If you don't reply to her text, you will never know what her intention behind the text was and you have to reply and to know why she may be contacting.

So I think you should reply and to get some clue as to what she wants, if she is looking to return.

If you don't hear anything that you want to hear, or you sense she is just looking for friends....then cut off the contact again and if you can't deal with friends.
    I tried for a second chance, she said no. But then again, it was earlier on through the break up and now she has more time to think.

What should my reply be if I decide to reply? I don't want to jump into friendship with her right away.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's possible she just MISSES you, but doesn't want you back romantically.

I think you should just ask her what she really wants from you.... friendship or romance. If you are still stuck on her, I don't suggest you do the friendship thing. It doesn't work when there are deeper feelings on one side.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You could reply saying you still need time to figure things out, that you werent aware she wanted ot be friends and its a new development for you so you need time to think it over. That way shes's reasured that your not ignoring her and your the one calling the shots.

Tell her you can be friends when you get over the fact that she dumped you cold. Obviously not yet.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Tell her you can be friends when you get over the fact that she dumped you cold. Obviously not yet.
    Not to mention, YOU dont wanna be friends, you probably want her back as a gf. She asked, "when are we gonna be friends again?". Dont fool yourself, she's just missing you. My ex text me 2 weeks ago. I'm not interested in a friendship, she gets no response.

I didn't reply back for that exact reason. I don't want her as a friend because it just won't work if I'm still in love with her.

The text was sent like...4 days ago so it's kinda late if I did reply back

As someone who considers myself an expert on this bullshit now, don't respond. lol... My ex is the queen when it comes to doing that. Probably legitimately at least 20-30 times where I told her I want NC and she would not contact me for a week or maybe even a few weeks and then she would come back with a text or call talking about when can we be friends... And then the whole cycle started all over again and I would end up getting hurt over and over everytime I let her back. Not saying that you can never be friends with her again, but it's only gonna be worse for you if you desire more than a friendship out of her, which you do.
    Be careful with your heart, because when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.

what was her reason for breaking up and how long was the relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    what was her reason for breaking up and how long was the relationship?
    Well she thought I wasn't very supportive and she got tired.

The relationship was 1.5 years. We were also GREAT friends before the relationship but most of our convos were flirty haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast