+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Her parents

Her parents

Hi so here's some background info, we are teens, and started dating right in the end of school, so now we're dating for 4 weeks, and we just get together like 1 or 2 times a week, the problem is that her parents are a little controlling due to the fact that they are "unemployed" (they do some works sometimes) and they are always at home, ans she doesn't tell them that she is dating someone, because she is scared of the answer given by them, she has to lie about going out with me, sayin' that she is going out with her girl friends, and it frustrates me, because I don't like that she has to lie to her parents, I'm responsible, good student, I respect her, her friends and if could met her family, I would respect them too, now the problem is that we get together normally in a city 3 miles away from my house, and 1 from her's, I go there on my bike because we go to the beach, and we love the time we spend together, but when I go home, my back and neck start to hurt a lot ue to the exhaustion, and that hurt began to affect my other activities, even sleep, so when I ask her if she and I can get together in a place more closer to me, she always says that is because of her parents (they go to a beach in bettween the spot that I mentioned above and that city, I woul like to have some opinions about what should I do about this.

Please don't tell me to dump her because she will make me unhappy.

Are you freaking kidding me? A three mile bike ride has you "exhausted"?
    Spammer Spanker

You don't know the course, when I'm coming home the course is always going up, not a flat highway, through big going up roads and the ground is made of road parallels not road tar

I totally get that, but I've done a LOT of cycling in my life, and unless you're 13, this should be something you can handle.
    Spammer Spanker

Okay, I've been in this situation before... the not-telling-my-parents-I'm-dating-this-guy situation. Thing is, your gf has to tell them, regardless or not. Lying will just make it worse. Isn't her parents suspicious that she's constantly going out with her 'gfs'? She has to stand up for herself and TELL them she's dating you. The worse thing that could happen is that the parents could totally disapprove (which is bad), but at least you and your gf know what they're actually thinking of. If that happens, arrange to meet up with her folks or something. I'm pretty sure every parent doesn't want their child to 'go out with her gfs' but instead go out with a guy. Good luck.
    To reminisce won't bring you back, just look ahead and hold on tight.

That's what I sometimes tell her, "It's better if you tell your parents" and she even says that they are getting suspicious but she doesn't have the courage to tell, she tells me "Are you kidding me? they would kill me or something", and I told her to ask her older sister, for tips because she has a bf too, and her parents know about him.

if her parents know about her older sister's bf what's the problem? and they won't 'kill her or something' they'll want to meet the guy that their daughter's with. they're not monsters theyre her parents.

I wasn't allowed to date until I was almost sixteen (like a month before). That was not up for negotiation. Do her parents have a rule like this, and is she breaking it?
    Spammer Spanker