+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help me out, i have no clue as to what i should do

Please help me out, i have no clue as to what i should do

Hi,

Im a 23yo guy and i live in holland. I have now gone to colombia to see my father because heŽs here for business. To get here i had to fly to Panama first and then 3 hours later to Cartagena. When i was waiting at panama airport i met a very cute girl from Ecuador and she was heading to amsterdam and then to Zurich for a holiday with friends there. We sat and talked the whole 3 hours and then i had to board the plane, which i didnt want to do anymore (at least, not if she wasnt coming with me, and she wasnt obviously) we exchanged email adresses and have a little contact via the mail.
    I am still wishing she was here with me and i told her that via email but i only told her that we could have fun together here as she could show me this city as sheŽd been here before. What i didnt tell her is that im falling deeply in love with her! I cant help it and i dont know what to do! Shes in zurich now and im in cartagena and i go back to holland the 1st of august and she leaves zurich the 10th of august so theres no chance ill see her again.. :Ž(
    Please does anyone have any ideas as to what i can do to see her again and tell her how i feel?

Not to undermine your feelings but I dont think you can be deeply in love with someone after spending three hours with them. (some may disagree but that is my opinion). You really like her and you are more than likely infatuated with some idea of who she is...

Anyway- you live on different continents therefore its probably best to keep this in perspective....

just curious- How old are you?

No probably your right that i cant be deeply in love with her as i only now her so shortly but it sure does feel like it.. im 23.. i know that i have to keep in perspective that we live on different continents but when i look at my father and his new wife, theyre from different continents aswel...

well ask your father and his new wife how they maintained a relationship that led to marriage while living on different continents? Who moved and how did they do it long distance? Did they spend alot of time together while they were dating? If its meant to be then you both will make it work. Im just saying dont focus in on this too much because it sounds like a tough situation that could very well lead to your broken heart.

if the feeling is mutual, talk to her and see what you both can do to make a relationship work. If you both have the time and money to travel often and if one of you is willing to move eventually then.. it is possible.

I have been to both Ecuador and Holland- and its gonna be a tough transition/move and a major sacrifice for one of you if you eventually decide to stay together. Keep that in mind, too. Just curious- she spoke english? when i was there, no one hardly spoke a word of english..

yes she spoke english and im learning spanish as we speak because i will be goin to cartagena more often, but also for her secretly.. :$ i dont know how to ask my father and his wife this because this is not the sort of thing i usually speak to him about but i will do it because you are totally right, i have a perfect example right here in front of me so it would be stupid not to take the opportunity! I dont mind leaving holland because i hate the people there (not all of them ofcourse) and i hate the country so that (for me) would not have to be a problem. She did say in an email that she wished i was there with her in zurich and that she was sure we would have a lot of fun together but that can mean a lot of things so..

well- there you go! I would talk to her straight out about how you feel and your interest in possibly perusing a long distance relationship. Since you barley know her now, you have very little to lose by asking so you are better off being straight with her. You have to consider that she also may say no and that she does not want a LD relationship.. in that case, there is nothing left to say.

Just talk to her honestly!! Then come back with an update, ok?

Okay thank you very much for your advise, a lot of things youve said were common sense but i cant really think straight right now.. i wil tell her how i feel and will add a reply to let you know how it went
    thanks a million!

haha this sounds like a movie. it's love, it has to be. after a while you'll calm down. trust me.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

hey what exactly do you mean its love it has to be? do you mean i should go for it or just let it slide?

Quote Originally Posted by RichieM View Post
    hey what exactly do you mean its love it has to be? do you mean i should go for it or just let it slide?
    No, i think she meant that in the movies, people get all head over heels thinking that "its love" when it really isnt.... its really just some romanticizing some grand idea of "true love"

correct me if I am wrong, eco.. but thats what i got from your post.