+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Decisive Strike

The Decisive Strike

Hello ladies and gentlemen of Love Forum.net!
    My nickname is Sasurai and I'm a young man in a bit of a difficult situation in romance.
    If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it as I'm pretty unsure of myself right now.

So here's the situation...
    There's three people involved here:
    The Girl I've been interested in, who I'll call 'Nina''
    A friend of mine who's also interested in her, 'Jay'
    And of course, myself.

Both Jay and I have been fighting for her heart; She's been dating both of us. We both took her to dates, kissed her, etc.
    Jay has the advantage of knowing her much longer, while I seem to have the advantage of approval of her friends and family.
    It's been about a month since this predicament and Nina still can't seem to decide whether or not to go with 'Jay' or myself.

Now Jay just recently went out on a trip and won't be back until a month or so later, so he can only communicate with Nina through the phone. Normally this would give me a huge advantage since he's out of physical reach. But for some weird reason, I suddenly lost a lot of confidence in myself. I know I need to seal the deal before this drama gets messier than it already is.

Most who know the situation tell me to just ask her out already or forget it. After putting so much time and effort into wooing her, I don't want to just forget it without giving it a shot. I know that Jay just recently asked her to be his girl over the phone, but she never gave him a reply on it. Asking her out sounds easy but lately, I can't bring myself to initiate a kiss (I became super shy?) or even fathom asking her out.

So to make all this short, how do I set the mood and ask her out?
    It's about time I brought this stressful drama to a close so that a new love story can begin in it's place.

she sounds like she's having her fun with both of you. of course she won't give this guy an answer otherwise she wouldn't have the power over 2 guys fighting over her. if you ask her out i doubt she'll say yes cos it'll be exactly the same as with this other guy. she's playing you both off and loving it.

Yeah, it seems that both of you are not confident. She's playing with both your heads. She probably has a weird vibe that is making you both feel unconfident.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Bros before hoes! Plenty of dating relationships don't work out in the long run, but a good friendship can last a lifetime.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

It sure does sound like she's playing both of us but I find that hard to believe considering her personality. She's such an innocent and harmless girl, who's built herself a reputation of 'clutz' or 'blondie' (even though she isn't blond herself haha). Regardless, I really wish to give it a shot. Could I get any advice on making that one shot the best one I could fire?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Innocent girls don't kiss 2 boys at the same time. They just simply don't. You've been played.

And I find it very odd you and your friend are so cool and casual about dating and making out with the same chick.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post

And I find it very odd you and your friend are so cool and casual about dating and making out with the same chick.
    Maybe they should try a threesome.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.