+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stuck in a hole and need help getting out!

Stuck in a hole and need help getting out!

Okay there is this girl I have been knowing for about 6 months now and i recently went to visit her at her home which is like a 3 hour drive away from where I live. During the time before i went we were talking pretty regularly and i felt sparks meaning we were into each other but she said she was transferring colleges from where we were at and didnt want to rush into a relationship right before she left i guess.

While I was with her when i visited we had a pretty good day and also had our first kiss which didnt do anything but make my feelings for her grow even more and im guessing same happened for her because she said that was just going to make her miss me even more when i left. I also met her parents on this day which very few people that only "like" another person actually get the chance to do. A few days after we were instant messaging each other and i told her that it was obvious that i like her and she said she liked me too but when i asked if it would go any further she said she doesnt know because distance relationships cause to much drama for her. I told her i would respect either decision she made but now it just seems as if she has pressed pause and doesnt particularly know what she wants to do either.

After that conversation we have still been talking to each other alot but now i feel as if im in a hole and cant get out. I like her alot but dont know if i can stay where we are for to much longer without getting into relationship. Im sure she likes me back and probably thinks on this as much as i do but so far a few days after we talked about the possibility of relationship still nothing. Any help on what i should do would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry to say, but once girls make a decision like that, they stick with it. It's just how girls are. Nothing you do or say will change her mind.. nothing! The only advice I can give is to let her go. You said yourself, "she doesn't know." If she was into you, she would say that it would go further. You basically asked her to be your girl friend in a way and she rejected you. She was being nice I'm afraid. If she was really into you she would have let you know, trust me.

It's pretty much awkward now. It's like asking for a kiss. "Can I kiss you?" "Ummm... I don't think I'm ready." That just means she wants to be friends. "Do you think it will go any further?" "Ummmm.. I don't know... it's hard to figure out right now." That means no. Girls like to be nice to keep the guy from freaking out on her.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I would normally agree with what you said, but the recent times we have talked have all been started by her and she always says she misses me.... Say im in denial if you want but i think their is more to it than just that.

Haha, yeah I've been played by the whole miss you thing. She is definitely playing you like a fiddle. I had that happen to me not to long ago. She loves the attention you're giving her. Sadly, that's all she wants from you.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

she may miss you, but does that mean she wants to be with you? she may miss your company in a 'friends' way. she also said that LD wouldn't work and you can't do much about that at all really.

Well seems im still in a hole then if any of your comments are right. I can either just wait and see if she says anything or give her an ultimatum and say i cant just stay friends and stop talking with her. Either one is gonna hurt but I guess its best to just get it over with and let myself get over it.