+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do?

What to do?

Hey, everyone. I'm new here. I'm a gay 18 year-old male, and I've recently started to date. About a week ago, I met this one guy on craigslist (I know, not the greatest place to date, but I've met some good guys there) and talked with him on the phone for a few days. We went on a date on Sunday, and it went really well. He later called me and asked me to visit him at his workplace, and I said I would. He also mentioned that he liked me and wanted to see me again. When I came over at the scheduled time, I decided to call him before coming in. He told me to come back later and that he would call me when I should come back later. I thought it wouldn't take too long, so I waited nearby for about 2 hours. The call never came, so I went home.

Later, after I tried calling him twice, he explained that we couldn't meet because he was too busy at work. That same day, I tried calling him twice and texted him asking him if he wanted to meet up again this week for another date. He didn't answer his phone and didn't respond to my text. Later, I called him again, and he picked up. He sounded extremely annoyed at me and said hurriedly that he would call me back later. I woke up this morning to find that he did try calling me twice, but I was asleep when he called me.

Should I call him back? Or should I just move on and find another guy?

Also, one of my friends told me that I'm too young to date and that I'm not ready. Do you agree?
    Last edited by PandaEyes; 29-07-10 at 03:30 AM.

Move on and find another guy. He's giving you signs that he's not interested in you. Also, you mentioned that he responds to you late at night when you're sleeping. He was probably drunk. I've done that sometimes. He was using you as a bootycall I'm guessing.

From the getgo, he doesn't have any respect for your time. Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't respect your time? Text messaging doesn't take that long to do. Even calling takes about 5-10 mins when there's a point. You're basically playing phone tag. Phone tag is a redflag. Means he obviously thinks he is too busy for you.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

i think that at 18, you're old enough to date if you want as it's gona be your relationship. maybe txt him and say sorry you were asleep. if you havent, explain that you waited for that long and everything and see how he responds...is he sorry? does he get annoyed? then go from there. don't do anything if you're feeling uncomfortable. but he did say he was interested so idk whats going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkitkitty View Post
    i think that at 18, you're old enough to date if you want as it's gona be your relationship. maybe txt him and say sorry you were asleep. if you havent, explain that you waited for that long and everything and see how he responds...is he sorry? does he get annoyed? then go from there. don't do anything if you're feeling uncomfortable. but he did say he was interested so idk whats going on there.
    He's playing a game. A lot of people on online dating sites play games with people. You have to be careful. I bet he probably has about 10 other girls that he's texting/calling.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

He said that he may have been too easy before, so he might be trying something new and playing hard to get. He got cheated on, and he thinks it's because he was too easy. He asked me if I wanted him to play hard to get, and I said I'd be okay with it.

He works the graveyard shift where he works, and sometimes it's not so busy. I do feel like I'm playing phone tag and that I'm being too clingy.

And yeah, I have to agree. It wouldn't take him that long to text back. Still not entirely sure what to do, but I might just move on. Thanks for the advice.

true. sorry im not experienced in this. trust raze not me >__<