+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How Do I Tell My GF That I Need to Spend Less

How Do I Tell My GF That I Need to Spend Less

Hey guys,

I like my gf, but I've been spending a lot of money on her. I'm saving up for rent money when I move out which will be in August. I'm moving out of my parents place. I need to know how to tell her that I would rather do things that cost less money.

Anyone have any suggestions about how to go about this? I'm meeting with her tonight.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

say you want to do something 'more personal'? have one of you make dinner or do it together or something. or get a mcdonald's find a movie you both love and hang out on the sofa all night.

does she expect you to spend a lot of money?
    if not, then as kitkitkitty says, just do something fun and personal. no need to spend much. you dont need money to make your relationship special. i'm experienced
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

Just tell her the truth, you have to be on a budget to save up. In the meantime do things like cooking at home, it can be romantic. Grill outside, its summer. Do picnics. Go to local fairs or carnivals for fun. Do matinees instead of later movies which usually cost more. Open mic nights at coffee houses or whatever can be lots of fun. Go fishing or swimming. Go to a state park. Check around your community web page to see free or low cost local events which can be just as fun.
    Last edited by QueenofCorona; 29-07-10 at 04:41 AM.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I was so excited to meet up with her that I said we would get sushi. She wrote that she was excited to get sushi with me on her facebook wall. UGH! I will somehow get through this.. somehow.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Well thats your fault then. Stop setting yourself up like that. If she likes YOU she won't care what you do. If she likes YOU she will want to treat YOU sometimes. You could have said Dairy Queen and she could have been just as happy.
    Last edited by QueenofCorona; 29-07-10 at 05:01 AM.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

is there a local supermarket which sells sushi? idk what time it is over there..... or maybe say you have another idea and use the other ideas. you can probably make sushi together. in my local supermarket you can get sushi-rolling mats as well as the cucumber and all that. have a go and see what she says.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Tell her that there have been a change of circumstance in your life. You wish to be more independent and as a result have to save up a little more. If she can't understand that, come back and we'll give you new advice
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Update: I talked to her about it and we worked everything out.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was gonna say, any level headed person will realize these are tough times and should respect cutting back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I was gonna say, any level headed person will realize these are tough times and should respect cutting back.
    Yeah, I told her that we need to come up with activities that we can do together that cost little to no money.

As for the sushi thing, I was right in the fact that she was just posting it as her excitement to see me rather than her excitement on the activity itself. We just ended up eating at subway. We both like subway a lot. We spent most of the time at her house, which is fine. =)

congrats friend! its a nice feeling when a problem gets solved
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

Yeah always good to see a problem sort itself out and not end up in the "Broken Hearts" section

Have a good one..
    You never know what you've got, until it's gone...