+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trying to gauge a woman's interest

Trying to gauge a woman's interest

Looking for signs of interest from a girl I recently met at work.

I recently came back from a month of vacation to find a host of new co-workers. One girl in particular I connected with rather quickly. It started out me showing her the different stuff we do, work related tasks, etc. We start talking about movies, shows, music, hobbies. Come to find we have a lot of similar tastes. As she watched me show her how to draft reports etc on the computer, she bumped my knee with hers and didn't move it, I expected a recoil, but that didn't happen. Anyways I found out she had computer issues, and I told her that was one of my areas of expertise. I offered to help and she invited me over to her place. Unfortunately I was unable to fix the problem given the tools that I had available. She has an excellent laptop she mainly uses anyway, so it wasn't that important to fix the desktop at that moment. What I thought would be a short 30min visit, turned into a 5 hour conversation, story swapping, movie/music talk, past jobs, ate some pizza and watched some Reno 911 (she loves the show). We passed compliments to each other, and more than once she entered the zone of personal space, which I welcomed. Since then she's texted me a couple of times asking how my day at work was (she's in an initial training class this week for our job.) She called me out of the blue today, and we talked about random stuff, and she mentioned that we have a lot of stuff in common. Anyways, she hinted that she hadn't done anything with her computer, so I offered again to fix it (with proper tools in tow), and she offered to cook dinner. Am I reading to much into this? I tend to do that with everything. I'm extremely analytical and detail oriented when it comes to situations, and objects. Truth be told, I really like being around her.

Are there any signs of interest on her part given the information in the above paragraph?

She's keen.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Try asking her out is the next step I guess. Show her you're interested. Sometimes, girls just like to show a lot of appreciation.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Sounds to me that she likes you and you aren't going to know for sure and until you approach her and ask her on a date.

Could be that she is just a very friendly person who likes to show her appreciation, or she's lonely and doesn't have many friends.

Sounds like she might be interested, keep on doing what your doing as it seems to be working.. Now isn't the time to suddenly change into a completely different guy because your nerves got the better of you!

Good luck!
    You never know what you've got, until it's gone...

Sounds like she digs you, I say go with the flow. Maybe when you go over to her place for dinner pick up a bouquet of flowers from the market, nothing over the top but just something. She's throwing it out there, take it.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Sounds like shes getting abit moist for you

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice so far.

As far as the night went. Here is a quick recap. Went over to her place. Wasn't able to fix her PC, but I was able to get all of her pictures and important files, and move them over to her laptop. We ended up talking for 6 hrs, looking at old pictures of each other, getting closer. We watched a movie together, she dozed off a few times. I poked fun of her minor snooring and said it was kinda cute. I asked her out, and she said yes. We're going to a movie, maybe dinner. Unfortunatley due to our messed up schedules, and me working weekends, our date falls on a Wednesday. I've already gotten to know her quite well, so I figured a movie would be a chance to get closer. So wish me luck. I'm open to any and all advice.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I''d be really careful about dating co-workers. If you guys decide you aren't a match, things could get ugly at work.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?