+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anyone with experience?

Anyone with experience?

My ex broke up with me claiming she needs a break even though she wants no body else but me. I have no reason why not to believe her so I do. I think she knows she can have me when ever she wants and knows that I'm crazy for her. I am. But I have read in various posts that the best thing to do is to make her feel like I don't care and that I'am alright with the break up. My question is, How can I do this with out pushing her away further?

I would say that it isn't so much making her feel like you don't care but trying to get on with your life and going out and doing other things.

In that way you are helping yourself by keeping busy so that you aren't constantly cut up by the thought of her and you may also remind her of what she liked about you.

Just don't let her use you.

I agree with above, Its easy to forget who the real you is now more than ever cos of what going on with you two, and thats the person she fell for!!! So look for a new better paid job, meet people and improve your life, thats what i did and even though we broke up after all...I have made some new friends and feel good about that side of my life even if other parts aren't that great.

good luck

yeah....in my experience when somebody says they want a break it usually doesn;t end up that way. but that is not ALWAYS the case!!! you said you have no reason not to trust her on this so i say just trust her and give her the space she needs. i totally agree with toto and cbee. use your time now to better yourself, and just be careful. if you find yourself becoming used then you may just have to forget about her. but if she is honestly using this time apart for some good then just let her have it! you just have to pay attention and make the call

Give her time and see how it goes. Just try to get on with your life in the meantime.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Thanks for your advice

Acting disinterested is not going to push her away. More likely than anything, it's going to bring back her interest in you. Girls always want what they cant have.... it's true. Whatever you do, don't let her think that she can just have you whenever she wants. Get along with your life, don't just sit around waiting for her. That will be much more attractive to her than if you were just sitting around longing for her, waiting for her to come back. I know, girls don't always make sense