+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex fiancé

Ex fiancé

Ok so I know I just posted about trying to date my friends sister, but some other things just happened. My ex fiancé left me in November and well, my friend was shot and killed a few weeks ago so I've been at my friend's house because we are all still morning, well his girlfrind before he was killed is friends with my ex fiancé and she's been here too, we haven't said a word to eachother since December, but while we've been in the same house as eachother she has been putting herself in my way, like she is trying to get my attention, almost like she wants me to say something first. I'm not sure what to do, we ended really badly and I did alot of shit to really piss her off and push her away back then and I'm not sure what she wants, she has asked my friends how I'm doing before just a couple months ago and I would like to talk to her but I'm not sure how it would go over, I guess I'm scared that I might have another chance at this and I guess I just dot want to **** it up, I just wanted to get some opinions from some people should I let her say something first or should I try to say hi first? Maybe someone that has been through something similar or maybe some women might have some insight on maybe some options I might have. Thanks for any advice

I had a similar problem when I saw my ex fiance. Basically you don't want to portray any negative emotions in your words or body language, just a simple "Hey how are you doing?" will be enough. Don't try to stand around making conversation because this will probably make you both feel abit awkward. I don't know your ex personally so I and nobody else can say for certain what they're thinking about the situation so you're just gonna have to go for it. If you have hopes of maybe one day getting back together then talking a little bit won't hurt, it should technically help. You just want to make sure that you don't suddenly keep talking to her ALL the time and following her around etc.. There's a difference between being friendly and being clingy

Also i'm very sorry to hear about your friend, and your break up with your fiance too. Pulling yourself together through a breakup is hard enough without having to lose a friend.. If you ever feel like talking don't think twice about sending me a PM..

Take care!
    You never know what you've got, until it's gone...

That's pretty good advice, I have to thank you for that. So just trying to be friendly but still looking independant is the plan to hopefully capture her attention and maybe reignite the flame. Thank you very much and I will definately send you a PM if I need anyone to talk to. I'll also send you a pm if I'm succesful, my plan is to atleast break the being friends barrier and slowly work on maybe getting a coffe date a few months after the friends barrier

Well if you still have feelings for her, give it a try. Be polite, talk about other things, never about you guys, cause that kind of talk after a break up is complicated. Anyway let her take the first step into talking bout it, or try to be attentive to the signals she gives, may be she wants you to start the talk, but be careful, and kind to not mess it up
    Good luck

Thank you both for the advice it's kindof like support. And my feelings for her haven't faded a bit, I still love her as much as the day I asked her to marry me, I was just young and dumb and immature and I was the reason we broke up, I can't say I blame her at all I would have left me alot sooner. But hopefully she can see that I've had alot of time to figure those things out an fix them. Thanks so much for the help she's still my world

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    YOu are staying in the same house, and haven't even said "hello"? Wow, how awkward. Obviously, saying "hello, how are you?" is appropriate. If she is friendly enough, you might even try following up with "You look great. I sure was an idiot."
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

No we were just in the same house the night my friend got shot and the next two following nights, and now every once in awhile