+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't want to be a creep...

I don't want to be a creep...

So, I have had this girl stuck in my head for over a year now, and it has been driving me crazy. I have dreams about her and I dating/hanging out. It's not really a sex thing. I have had plenty of those with other girls, and I get over them. I have been with people over this last year, but it still won't stop. What I really want is to go see her and tell her how I feel just so we can go on a date or something and fulfill these dreams. It's like listening to a song you've had stuck in your head. Maybe if we just go on a date, then it will go away or flourish or whatever needs to happen.

Here is the problem. She was a good friend of mine from back in high school, and I haven't seen her since then. That would be about 6 years ago now. We talked a few times since then, but it's been over 3 years since that. We have both moved away from our hometown and live a few states away from each other. If I go see her, I could try and lie about something, say a job interview or random traveling or something. I could just drop her a message on Facebook and tell her I was in town and that we should hang out. I don't even know if she would go for it though. There wouldn't be the same urgency for her as there was for me. I could be more forward, but I don't want to be a creep.

Should I just try and forget about her and hope that these feelings will one day pass? That seems unlikely. Should I try to hook something up with the potential of seeming like a total creep? If I end up seeming like one, that will make its way back to me through other, closer friends for sure. I just don't know what to do.

Don't see how it makes you a creep...just go see her, I'm sure whatever fantasy version of her you have in your head will be brought down to earth when you actually see her. No point in worrying about it...just send her a message, see what she says. Don't see any harm in that.

yea start by talking a little. reminisce about the old times. then you can mention that your dropping by there for whatever reason and ask her if she wants to meet up.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

I recognize that situation. I fell in love with a girl in college that I hadn't seen for 6 months because of internships. We were very close friends at the time and I got very serious feelings for her at some point, never experienced that before.
    When I saw her again I tried to tell her how I really felt, just like you feel you need to do. She had been giving me signals that I meant a lot to her, and I interpreted them as love signals. Because I was not able to judge what was really happening.
    So I told her about my feelings and it appeared that I was totally wrong. She was very surprised and I barely ever saw her again.
    Other girls in college found it romantic and courageous that I told her about it so honestly, but it scared her and she hasn't talked to me ever since.

I don't want to scare you with this. Maybe it's different for you. But these intensive feelings can scare people away.
    Does she show any signals to you? If you can't judge them objectively, what do your friends think about it?
    How do you think you will react when you get to see her again? I remember that my heart was beating like crazy when I was close to her and people noticed

Maybe you can send a pic on her FB wall that might catch her attention from "back in the days". If she responds back, it starts opening the door for a convo and then you can add that your coming down for a "interview" or visiting other friends.
    Good luck!
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?