+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My bf snores like a grizzley bear...SOS! Help a sista out.

My bf snores like a grizzley bear...SOS! Help a sista out.

My bf never really snored until a few months ago. Its so bad. Even with industrial ear plugs in I can hear it. Its ok if he's laying on his stomach but he rolls onto his back and its on.

Even on vacation in a king sized bed I had to go sleep in the other bedroom. Last night at my house even it was so bad I almost went to the couch.

I have complained about it and he apologizes and I know he feels bad but I don't think he grasps how bad it really is. I can handle it on the weekends if I don't need to be up early but today I am crabby and dragging ass at work for lack of sleep.

I guess maybe he has put on a few pounds since we started dating so its partially my fault maybe. I just don't know what suddenly brought it on.

Any of you snorers have advice? Anyone cured a snorer?
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

You don't know what's snoring until you hear my grandfather snoring. The man can make the house tremble.

Trust....I know. Its like sleeping with my dad which is distrubing on a whole new level (shudders)

For my bday we went to my family's cabin. We slept in "grandma's room" it got so bad I had to sleep in "grandpa's room" for the sole reason my grandparents had seperate bedrooms....only I think my grandparents could still sleep in the same room when they were in their early 30's.

I'm seriously going to have to get a cot set up downstairs when I move it. I can't imagine being this tired for the rest of my life.

Anyone heard anything good about those "Breathe Right" strips? He has good insurance, I may have to con him into going to a sleep clinic cuz if I ain't happy, he won't be happy in his pants, jk.
    blue skies from pain.
    A smile from a veil?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Cold comfort for change?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I feel for you. My husband does this. There is a surgical option, but he wouldn't do it. I understand those breathing strips across the nose help, too, but he wouldn't try them. I have not found any cure, other than a spare bedroom or him losing weight.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ugh. I don't know how you function at work after a night of snoring. Its bad enough trying to stay awake at my desk just talking to people on the phone. I'd have accidentally killed someone by now if I were in charge of peoples lives.
    blue skies from pain.
    A smile from a veil?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Cold comfort for change?

I heard sleeping on their side (like fetus position, I don't really know how to explain it) helps too.. if it works you could strap him down to keep him there haha

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I heard sleeping on their side (like fetus position, I don't really know how to explain it) helps too.. if it works you could strap him down to keep him there haha
    Duct tape him on his side and put a fish bowl over his head.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

This herbal stuff called Snore Stop actually works, but it's expensive. My ex-husband snored. He wouldn't use those breathe-right strips either. He was actually kind of a dick about his snoring, like he thought I was making it up or something.
    Spammer Spanker

I snore but like you said with your bf mine started only recently...I haven't really put on weight but for some reason my nose stops up at night. I even bought new pillows that are supposed to be hypo-alergenic thinking it was allergies. I've recently moved but I had the same problem at my last place so I think it has to be my stuff and not the house. I really don't have a lot of things though and I keep stuff dusted and swept so I can't figure it out. Luckily my gf is a hard sleeper and says she only notices it when she wakes up to go to the bathroom or something.

I haven't found a remedy yet but I'm looking for one....I know I have to get my nose to stop pluggin up so I'm not suckin air through just my mouth all night. Does your boyfriend have similar sinus problems?
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

I'm not sure...he does have bad allergies but more so in the spring months. I wonder if it could potentially be extra dry due to the air conditioning running 27/4 in the house?
    blue skies from pain.
    A smile from a veil?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Cold comfort for change?

My ex-husband's problem was drinking several quarts of beer every night. I think it irritated his sinuses. The yeast or something.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    I'm not sure...he does have bad allergies but more so in the spring months. I wonder if it could potentially be extra dry due to the air conditioning running 27/4 in the house?
    I have been told that to...I'm gonna get a humidifier and put it by the bed to see if that helps me....you might try the same.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

My boyfriend doesn't typically snore unless he's been drinking. I sometimes snore and I think it has to do with my adenoids. I had them removed when I was very young as I had problems with a lot of ear infections. I was told that they could grow back though, but I'm not sure if it's true. Blowing my nose and making sure my nasal passages are clear before I head to bed has now become a part of my nightly routine.

Do you think he would be willing to try using a neti pot before bed?
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only thing I have to add is that if this is a recently acquired thing you should have a medico check him out. Has he gained a lot of weight recently? The humidifier is a good idea also.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast