+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Text or call?

Text or call?

What's up people...ok ladies, riddle me this.

I met this gorgeous girl this weekend, we had so much fun and danced for hours....shared a few kisses and then I walked her home. We had been drinking for a while that night, but neither of us were drunk. It was really a great night....she kept telling me how cute I was (always a nice thing to hear ) and we talked about so many things.

The tough part about this is that she lives 3 hours away from me. I really don't have a problem with it, and I don't know if she does either....but we'll see.

My main question is do I text her or call her? Maybe I'm overthinking things like I am prone to doing, but texting almost seems too casual and I like talking to people alot. But at the same time maybe casual is really good at this stage of things. What do you think?

I texted her the day after I met her and mentioned that I would like to take her out sometime and she said she would be up for it anytime...so that was nice to hear.

I always wonder about meeting someone when you've been drinking like that....if it's really genuine or not. I called her tonight but she didn't answer...and whenever someone doesn't answer I always end up wondering if they are ignoring my call or busy...but I guess I shouldn't put too much thought into that.

Anyway....I'd love some input. Thanks.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Having the benefit of a doubt early on is fine since there is still nothing serious going on with the both of you. Try texting to ask if you can call her. If there is still no reply, then move on.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Nerdy has great advice. Text once, then leave it up to her. If she doesn't answer- she is not interested. Simple as that.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah I always text to say hi, and then mention something about the night you had. Then when she texts back, text back asking her to go for a drink or something
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Thanks guys. I texted her and I've gotten a good response so far. I'm just keeping it casual since she's 3 hours away. I'm actually going to be passing through there soon but she's working during the time i'm going through there. She mentioned she may be able to switch her schedule but wasn't real hopeful about it because of the nature of her job.

After a while, I may see if I could maybe some visit her or if she would want to meet somewhere. We'll see what happens. If nothing else, it's fun to make new friends....especially ones that are as beautiful as this girl You never know where it will lead now, or in the future.