+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just texting friends??

Just texting friends??

Ok ladies, i need to pick your brains. There is a girl ive been texting for a while. She is 20 and I am 24. We meet in school bout 11 months ago. The whole entire time, we had a great time. The most fun ive ever had with a girl. At the time we were both in the midst of a breakup.After school was over, she didnt sign up for the next semester and havent seen her in 7 months. We usually text 5 nights a week. Now I told her that I really, really like her and she says the same. But every time, i try to make plans to see her she blows me off. She has trying to be friends with her ex and I think this might be part of the problem. She says she misses me and I tell her the same and that shes beautiful and deserves someone better than her ex. Now is she just using text just to fill her need for attention that she isnt getting? Or is she just not over her ex and doesnt know what to do? IM so confused and dont know if I should text her anymore and try to pursue other options.

Sounds like she's still pursuing her ex while enjoying basking in the attention you willingly provide her. So far it hasn't brought her any closer to dating you, and the likelihood looks slim.

i know this probably isn't what you want to hear since it sounds like you really like her, but i feel like if she really reciprocated your feelings she would have made time to hang out with you by now. maybe you should back off and see if she pursues you to get a better read on her feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Sounds like she's still pursuing her ex while enjoying basking in the attention you willingly provide her. So far it hasn't brought her any closer to dating you, and the likelihood looks slim.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigigi4 View Post
    i know this probably isn't what you want to hear since it sounds like you really like her, but i feel like if she really reciprocated your feelings she would have made time to hang out with you by now. maybe you should back off and see if she pursues you to get a better read on her feelings.
    Thank you both. Ive even done NC with her and she eventually txts me asking where Ive been. Does she still have a slightest interest in me? Shes a very attractive girl and has no problem meeting guys and getting their attention. Just confused on why she would continue with me?

Good evening good sir,

If you actually want to pursue this girl, and have her like you, it will likely take a lot of time and energy on your behalf with a large possibility of no success. My recommendation, however, is actually to just stop communicating with this girl. It's likely that she is just using you, particularly as an emotional tampon. My advice, next time she txts you, don't txt her back NO MATTER what. Time to move on buddy. Start looking for other fish, because there are plenty around, and more particularly, plenty who would LOVE and APPRECIATE to have your attention.

Drop this girl who has no consideration to be considerate to you.

Regards
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

I went to a college with very few girls, so the few who were there figured out how things worked within about 2 weeks. A lot of them acted the EXACT same way that this girl is acting. In my experience, that situation never works out well. She'll most likely sit there and go back and forth saying she wants her ex and then saying she wants to be with you for months and months trying to string you along because she likes the attention and likes having guys fight over her. My personal suggestion is just to cool off on it and not call or text her. There's a good chance she'll text you back to try to remind you she's still there, or she won't text or call back which will show she isn't interested. If she texts or calls back, reply and keep the conversation limited, but if she doesn't start showing signs of wanting to get together pretty quickly, I'd forget about her. This is of course my opinion based on my experience.

I have had this happen and have too many friends who are dealing with girls who do that, and have learned not to put up with it. Girls who are THAT indecisive and like to start "Oh I like you more than him. Oh no wait I like him more." drama are a huge pet peeve of mine. When they do that they're being selfish and stupid, and they're not worth the waste of time that you could be using having fun and finding girls who ARE worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by shafkore View Post
    Good evening good sir,

If you actually want to pursue this girl, and have her like you, it will likely take a lot of time and energy on your behalf with a large possibility of no success. My recommendation, however, is actually to just stop communicating with this girl. It's likely that she is just using you, particularly as an emotional tampon. My advice, next time she txts you, don't txt her back NO MATTER what. Time to move on buddy. Start looking for other fish, because there are plenty around, and more particularly, plenty who would LOVE and APPRECIATE to have your attention.

Drop this girl who has no consideration to be considerate to you.

Regards
    This is what Ive been told by my friends. I believe I just have to stop texting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy129 View Post
    I went to a college with very few girls, so the few who were there figured out how things worked within about 2 weeks. A lot of them acted the EXACT same way that this girl is acting. In my experience, that situation never works out well. She'll most likely sit there and go back and forth saying she wants her ex and then saying she wants to be with you for months and months trying to string you along because she likes the attention and likes having guys fight over her. My personal suggestion is just to cool off on it and not call or text her. There's a good chance she'll text you back to try to remind you she's still there, or she won't text or call back which will show she isn't interested. If she texts or calls back, reply and keep the conversation limited, but if she doesn't start showing signs of wanting to get together pretty quickly, I'd forget about her. This is of course my opinion based on my experience.

I have had this happen and have too many friends who are dealing with girls who do that, and have learned not to put up with it. Girls who are THAT indecisive and like to start "Oh I like you more than him. Oh no wait I like him more." drama are a huge pet peeve of mine. When they do that they're being selfish and stupid, and they're not worth the waste of time that you could be using having fun and finding girls who ARE worth it.
    I do believe that to be true. I think she likes having guys fight for her attention. I actually called her out on that and told her that im not going to be #2 to her ex. But ima going with everyones advice and keep NC and any convo we have will be limited. Thanx for all the help.