+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He changed his facebook relationship settings :-(

He changed his facebook relationship settings :-(

So, as per my recent post, my bf and I have been having a rough time lately, and after a lot of arguments lately, he admitted he'd been having doubts. But he said he is committed to working on it, and isn't going anywhere.

Now, today I looked at his facebook page and noticed that he has changed the settings so that our relationship doesn't show up on his front page anymore. It is still there, but a couple of levels down. ie - a little more 'hidden' than previously.

I don't know why he did this, I DO NOT want to freak out or jump to conclusions, but in light of recent events, this saddens and worries me a bit. I contemplated asking him why he did it, but I don't want to look like some crazy woman!! Helllppp.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you don't want to be going nuts over this in the meantime BE BUSY and STOP LOOKING.

Yeah I actually rarely look at facebook - neither of us use it that
    much, but obviously I had a look today & wasn't all that happy with what I saw...

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get busy, and stay off that crap! Today was "often enough".

don't read into stuff that happens on fb, it's just a fantasy place. it's not reality, just be thankful he's with you and not going around verbally saying he's single. when it comes to shit like this you just have to be the sensible person and ignore it.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Another reason FB sucks. I know it's easier said than done, but try to refrain from glancing at his profile too often. Get off the computer and do other things. Get out of the house so you won't be tempted to sign on.

What kinds of problems have you guys been having?

unless you use it to keep in contact with friends you hardly ever see just get rid of it. then you won't have to worry about it at all
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Another reason FB sucks. I know it's easier said than done, but try to refrain from glancing at his profile too often. Get off the computer and do other things. Get out of the house so you won't be tempted to sign on.

What kinds of problems have you guys been having?
    thanks lahhna. We've been going through a bit of a rough patch. I've been suffering from depression and he has been under a lot of stress with work and other personal issues. We're both busy and struggle to find time together, but lately we've been arguing most of the time we're together...I think this is partly because we're both dealing with our own issues, and partly because i have been oversensitive and reactive to the smallest things...:-( I posted last week about him leaving a drunken message on my phone (he was crying, saying 'there's something wrong with us, I want to fix it..') and we had an amazingly calm and open talk after this. I THINK things are back on track, and he said he isn't going anywhere, but this facebook thing just played on my latent insecurities you know.

facebook is just something people take too seriously. im sure if he has any problems with you, he'll discuss it with you.
    you said he put it a couple of levels down. did any other info replaced its spot? probably just happened without him noticing. just remember not to tale any FB stuff seriously. a lot of couples have misunderstandings particularly in FB status and such.
    so don't you worry, i'm sure its no big deal.
    plus you feel things are getting better, so just forget about that and concentrate on making it right together.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.