+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship advice still needed!? :(

Relationship advice still needed!? :(

Relationship advice? Biggest decision of my life

I'm 22 and have been with my girlfriend for 4 years. Its been a very loving relationship and someone who i definitely think is 'the one'

However our sex life has never been good infact we hardly ever do full sex. I dont think its a case of needing to spice up the sex life I love her but dont lust her anymore....

She is the only person i have slept with and i'm thinking i may regret this in years to come.
    I would never cheat on her or anyone.... so i am torn between being emotionally happy (i know with her i would have a nice life) and having fun while i am still young. I kinda get the feeling shes the perfect person but at the wrong time?!?

I know that leaving her will devastate her and i may not find someone like her again. But i also dont think its not fair to her for me to be thinking these things and carrying on.

I really feel i need to experience other people! But i know thta i will be losing the best thing in my life!!!! (she really is an amazing girl)
    Thanks so much for reading i would really appreciate your thoughts, please leave your age/sex so i can tell where the viewpoint is coming from?

hey im only 18 but 5 days ago i broke up with my bf of 20 months. it reminds me of your situation somewhat, except with him it was that he felt like we were becoming more like best mates. and he also talked about 'the right person at the wrong time' and i understand it too. we're both hopefully going to uni in october and it just isn't right [that's not the reason but would've happened anyway]. it hurt me cos i knew my...ex *sigh* needs to follow his gut instinct. i know im younger but you're still young right? you can't live a lie to make other people happy. it'll be hard but she'll understand and accept after time with help from her friends, family and you. if you feel you need to be out there, do it. you need to explain to her how you feel, and have your time to think of yourself and your happiness.
    pm me if you want.
    Last edited by kitkitkitty; 08-08-10 at 03:37 AM.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

If you are having these doubts now, you will be having them in the years to come. You are very young yet and you will meet many other amazing women. It will hurt for a while, and it will hurt her too, but being honest upfront is better than to lie about your feelings and resent your decision to stay later on.

And what happened to the lust? It generally fades when couples grow bored with one another. Sounds like you want a better sex life. Have you talked with her about this? Because that would be an ideal first step.

Well OP, you can't have your cake and eat it....meaning that you can't have your gf and expect to shag around all over either.

So it's make your mind up time....

I agree with this:

If you are having these doubts now, you will be having them in the years to come. You are very young yet and you will meet many other amazing women. It will hurt for a while, and it will hurt her too, but being honest upfront is better than to lie about your feelings and resent your decision to stay later on.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree completely that these feelings will worsen and quickly. Most people on this forum are going to advise you to be young enjoy your youth... which means breaking up and living a little bit of life before you get this serious so young.